(Closed) 9/27/13 – Too cold in Northeast?

posted 8 years ago in Connecticut
  • poll: What date (weather wise) is better for an outdoor ceremony AND reception in CT?
    September 27th, 2013 : (29 votes)
    55 %
    August 23rd, 2013 : (24 votes)
    45 %
  • Post # 17
    5092 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

Late September all the way. Yes, there could be rain and cool temps, but it’s more likely to be crisp and gorgeous. IFf you do it in late August, it’s *quite* likely to be hot and humid and miserable.

Post # 18
    1849 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

Keep in mind that if your reception goes late into the night, the temperatures will drop much lower than any high for the day. If you’re looking at a day that’s 65 degrees in sunshine and thinking that’s comfortable, make sure to also consider what 50 degrees late at night will feel like. 

Post # 19
    513 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

I used to live there and I agree with most of the PP’s here that Sept would ‘probably’ be the better option but it really can be hit or miss with the weather in CT at any time of the year!! 

Post # 20
    82 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

What time of day are you talking about?  Fi and I are leaning towards voting for August.

Post # 22
    9950 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: December 2012

Here is the link to the Weather Data from Wunderground.com for Oxford CT… you can just punch in any date you like, to see past history… or click around this page and change settings to see a variety of info.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KOXC/2012/9/25/MonthlyHistory.html#calendar

Example…

August 23rd = Average High = 75 F / Average Low = 58 F (Percipitation 0.23)

September 27th = Average High = 63 F / Average Low = 46 F (Percipitation 0.29)

*NOTE the RECORD LOW for September 27th was 35 F… that is literally snow weather !!

Based on facts, I would hardly say that the end of August is muggy… but I would say that the end of September is too iffy with an Average LOW of 46 F for an outdoor event.  At 46 F, I am not just comfy in a sweater, I am most definitely looking for a warm coat / jacket… so not what I’d say is a “fun” way to spend a Wedding (and at 35 F… well I’d be long gone)

Hope this helps,

Post # 23
    172 posts
    Blushing bee

I voted for September.  I am in Michigan and I know it will be a complete hit or miss as to what the weather will be.  But chances are the colors will be gorgeous.  If you do decide on the September date, we will be taking a gamble on the same weekend together. 🙂

Post # 24
    2224 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

I dunno if you’re still on the fence, but yesterday was the 27th and it was very pleasant 🙂 75 degrees and sunny if I remember right!

Post # 25
    1 posts
    Wannabee

Hey there fellow 9/27 bride! I will be getting married 9/27/13 in upstate New York. My ceremony will also be outside. And my colors are ALSO purple and gold. The weather for us in NY on that day was wonderful as well. I remembered to take particular note of this. Sunset in NY for the past couple of years on that date is around 6:45 in the evening. I think you should keep your date and plans. As far as the tent goes I wouldn’t worry too much about the fact that there’s red in the side flaps. I don’t think it would be a total eye sore. I thought the same thing about  the carpet in the ballroom I’m using for my indoor reception with those same colors but there’s gotta be a point where you draw a line of what you can and can not control. I know I’ll be thinking of you on my wedding day next year hoping yours turns out perfect as well as mine!

The topic ‘9/27/13 – Too cold in Northeast?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors