(Closed) 95% chance of rain? really? *vent*

posted 7 years ago in August 2011
Post # 3
46328 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

You could try to think positively. The 10 day forecast  can be as low as only 30% accurate.

Post # 4
1566 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Damn….that stinks!!! Here’s to hoping the forcast is wrong!!!

Post # 6
5096 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

@augustsix: There is no possible way to know this far out.  DEFININITELY take it with a grain of salt! As I said on an earlier thread today:

I actually posted on the Bee in tears the night before about how I wouldn’t be able to have the outdoor ceremony I’d dreamed of.  It was 80% chance of thunderstorms for the next day.

Well, it was gray and drizzly until about 2 hours before the ceremony.  Then, the clouds literally parted. We ended up being able to do it outside (although it did get a big gray again), and then it started raining again about 2 hours after the ceremony.  It was amazing.

Post # 7
1835 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

Just to try to make you feel better: 10 days out from my wedding it said the same thing, but heavy snow. As it got closer the percentage went down. It dumped snow the night of our rehearsal, but the actual day was perfect. Not a cloud in sight!

Post # 8
3257 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I’m not trying to give you false hopes, but this happened to us, too. We bought umbrellas for every two guests for our outdoor wedding and hoped for the best.

It rained ALL WEEK and the sun was shining the entire day of our wedding.

Sometimes the forecast can be wrong, especially this far in advance. Just be prepared in case it’s not. It will all be okay! 🙂

Post # 9
91 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@augustsix: We must be looking at the same weather report. I keep telling myself to stop but I am obsessed….. I am hoping for the sunny beautiful outside ceremony. We may have to settle for the cozy close inside one!

Post # 10
853 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I know this is going to sound TOTALLY, CERTIFIABLY insane, but…

For my friend’s wedding, her mom read about this Mexican tradition of stabbing pearing knives into the ground on the morning of the wedding. The bride and bridesmaids each get one, and on the count of three, stab them somewhere in the ground where they can leave them all day. The rain held off all day until we were inside dancing (it was a violent storm) that lasted only 30 minutes, and had passed by the time the reception was over.

There was a 60% chance of rain on my wedding day. We did the same thing. No rain until 4am the following morning.So far we’re 2 for 2 on this.

I mean, I’m a rational person and know that superstitions are CA-RAZY, but hell, it’s worth the chance that it might work for your wedding day. couldn’t hurt.

Post # 11
204 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

i’ve been following the weather, too. and i’ve got the same type of weather planned for that day. :O ahh, oh well, if it rains we have a back-up plan. 🙂 good luck!

Post # 12
542 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I’m in the Midatlantic and just looked at accuweather and saw the same forecast:(  Oh well, just be sure to have a back up plan.

Post # 13
2742 posts
Sugar bee

Mine had 80% of scattered thunderstorms. Thank God I didn’t check the forecast until a couple of days before the wedding. I wasn’t too worried though. It’s TX, it’s HOT!! Anyhow, not a drop of rain in sight. It was over 90% though!

Post # 14
2161 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I got married 3 weeks ago today.   The 14 day forecast showed sun and it eventually turned into a heavy rainfall warning.   It did stop raining while we were in the church and we got amazing pictures done (great lighting) so it really worked out a lot better than I expected.   But, anything can change, even within a day or two.

The topic ‘95% chance of rain? really? *vent*’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors