(Closed) 95 days, and I have nothing planned

posted 8 years ago in February 2011
Post # 3
3671 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I say begin with an overall vision in your head then find locations from there.  Then move to finding and officiant, a photographer, and a dress.  Those are the first things I remember getting done.  

Post # 4
622 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I’d say that getting a venue and dress are #1.  (Ask friends/family where the best places to look/try out are…that way you can save yourself some time)

Don’t worry about a ‘theme’.  Just choose what you like, and your own personal style will pull it all together.

Enlist the help of friends/family/fiance to help do research with you to find the best deals.  For Example: My Fiance was most interested in our entertainment and transporation options, so I put him in charge of securing both of those.

Save the DIY items until you have the big stuff secure.  You can find time to do those crafts on weekends, evenings, spare moments.

Post # 5
9053 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

I would start with a location!  Especially if you’re set on a particular date, finding something so soon could be a challenge.  From there I’d probably get right on finding a photographer, because they book up quickly as well.

Post # 6
622 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Btw, don’t let the wedding website/wedding books scare you with their countdowns.  You CAN get it done, and it CAN be the way you want it.  Just don’t be scared to ask for help.

Post # 8
3671 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

Have you looked at areas in parks? I’ve found that parks seem to be pretty affordable.  We’re doing a small wedding of about 30 people and doing a sit down meal at a nice restaurant instead of a traditional reception.  Our ceremony venue is in a park but the room we’ve found for the reception we think could easily double as a ceremony spot if necessary.  So I think it could definitely work and wouldn’t be tacky.  

Post # 10
803 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

i woul djust straight up hire someone to take care of all the details.  can it be done?  yes.  at the cost of your sanity?  might not be the best idea.  let a professional wrap up all the details, especially becuase you have so little time.

Post # 12
1328 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

it depends on the level of committment you want from them.  It can range into the 1,000s+ for that.  And they might even charge more for this close to the date! 

Definitely get DRESS and VENUE pronto.  Can’t say which one is more important, but both take tons of time!  I think for 15 ppl, you can get away with a formal restaurant!  But you’d still want to book it!

Post # 13
565 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

finding a location and a dress are probably the most important places to start!

Post # 14
1676 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Don’t forget an officiant! They often get booked up early. 

Post # 15
472 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010 - Ladder 15 Restaurant

You might want to consult with a wedding planner or two just to get an idea of what needs to be done, where you might do it, and what fits with your budget.  With that little bit of time, I’d ask for all the help I could get if I were you!

Also, check on the Local board on weddingbee for where you live…local brides could give you a good idea of where to start!

Post # 16
122 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Start with a location and get your family and friends to help as much as possible. Fiance and I plan to go to Vegas and have a very intimate affair. Ceremony(with just him and I) and dinner after. I want to take pictures on the strip and that’s it. Good luck.

The topic ‘95 days, and I have nothing planned’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors