(Closed) 9.5 Weeks – 2nd Pre-Natal Appt Tomorrow

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
818 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@Wed2Attn:  Depends on your Dr and how things are going with you. Some only do one at around 20weeks others like my Dr do 1 each trimester. I would ask your Dr to see what is normal for that office. Also a lot of OB’s won’t even see a patient til 12wks.

Post # 5
1477 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

It depends on the doctor and the hospital. It’s different for everyone. It usually ranges from 12-20 weeks.

Post # 6
3625 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I thought that sonogram and ultrasound were pretty much used interchangeably. I googled online and it says sonograms are the images produced by an ultrasound. As such, I guess you are having a regular consult tomorrow and that’s why she said it’s not an sonogram appointment. (http://www.diffen.com/difference/Sonogram_vs_Ultrasound)

FWIW, our first ultrasound is this week and they wanted me to reach 8 weeks first. Based on what I’ve read, this varies between different OBs.

Post # 7
2402 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

My first ultrasound was at 8 weeks, and that was only because my cycles were irregular and they wanted to make sure my EDD stayed the same. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have had one until 12 weeks for the NT scan – which is optional and not required.

Post # 8
2539 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

It depends on your situation. If you had problems concieving, have had a miscarriage in the past or hve other serious health issues then they do a ultra sound ASAP… that is not always the case… some doctors do one dating U/S and one U/S to dertermine sex… thats it.

Completly normal

The topic ‘9.5 Weeks – 2nd Pre-Natal Appt Tomorrow’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors