(Closed) 97% acceptance rate….

posted 6 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
46421 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

It’s natural to be conflicted between wanting everyone there, and concerns about the budget. You are right. The “no’s” will come later.

Post # 4
827 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Be happy, date twin!  I hope I get that high of an acceptance rate but I know that I won’t since 95% of the people we are inviting are from Out of Town.

PS:  you are making me feel like I’m behind…  I don’t plan on sending out the invites until March 19!  yikes

Post # 5
662 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

So far we’ve only received “yes” but my married friends keep saying that the “no” replies come in later as people tend to hold on to them as they try to figure out a way to come.

Post # 6
14495 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I was completely freaked that no one would show up to ours concidering that we only sent out invites two weeks before, the flooding, the CWS traffic, and other events going on in town.  I was shocked to walk down the stairs and see almost our whole guest list had showed up.  Awh, warm fuzzies.

Post # 8
229 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I wonder if the rate is that high when a couple has 300+ guests invited?

Post # 10
375 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I HOPE that’s not our rate!  We invited way too many people thanks to my dad’s inability to reduce his list.  We have a limited amount of room and I’m panicking already.

Post # 11
878 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I know 30 Out of Town relatives are not coming and if they did I would def. not have enough of everything and the extra costs would be tight, so I am secretly hoping I only get the 2/3 of my list to come.

Post # 12
34 posts
Newbee

I signed up just to respond to this! The same thing happened with us, and I had the same reaction! With 50% of our response cards back we had 97% acceptance rate, and I felt kind of ill thinking about having to pay for everyone. On the bright side, we were honored that so many people wanted to celebrate with us! We’re now two months to the wedding and I got 5 no responses today. It actually made me a little sad! 

You’re definitely not the only one!

Post # 14
2616 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

we have a 220 guest list.. so for 30 of the 86 rsvps have come back. i kinda wanting all th people fiance and i really know to come.. his mom invited family he doesnt even know— 4 of them said they r coming lol

Post # 15
1048 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I did a little celebration dance every time we got a “no.” We ended up with a 77.5% acceptance rate. Don’t worry, your numbers will come down!

Post # 16
34 posts
Newbee

Ours came down a LOT. Now that everyone has responded, our response rate is 76%. Hopefully yours came down too!

The topic ‘97% acceptance rate….’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors