(Closed) 99% sure that we’re moving to…

posted 8 years ago in Home
Post # 3
5263 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

Wow, that’s amazing! I’ve only been there once, so I’m no help, but congrats to you and Mr. KM!

Post # 4
2856 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

YAY for your big move to Connecticut! Oh and CONGRATS to your hubby! Unfortunately, I have never been there so I can’t help you with that. Sorry!

Post # 5
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

Yes it is GORGEOUS. I visited some colleges out there and the towns….it’s jsut beautiful. I always said I wanted to live in Connecticut if i had the choice. It’s full of history!

Post # 6
7152 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

Wow, that’s awesome!

Post # 7
Hostess
18644 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

That’s amazing!  I have never been but at least you are close to a lot of other states!

Post # 8
7975 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

do we have a local board there? and if so, is it active? 🙂

Congrats to MrKM!

I’m glad things are firming up for you guys… I know the uncertainty has been a source of frustration.

So the next question on my mind is … what will MrsKM be doing in the beautiful northeast?

ETA: http://boards.weddingbee.com/board/connecticut 3 pages of posts, not bad for a local board! Looks like there are at least a few bees out there who can tell you about Connecticut!

Post # 9
3979 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

Eeeek I’m so happy for you guys!! I’ve always drooled over Yale because I’m a huge Gilmore Girls fan (yes geek!) Thats how I know the Yale fight song K! (oh my I just read what I wrote! Ahh!!)

Brrr if you think KY is cold… have fun w/ CT winters! 🙂

Post # 10
86 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

hi — i’m from CT actually — I havent’ spent much time in New Haven, but grew up about an hour away…. It was a great place to grow up, and I loved being by the ocean – I’ve lived in Boston since I came here to go to college, and probably won’t go back to live, but a lot of my friends and family still live there.

New Haven is great because you’re so close to NYC, and Boston is only a couple hours North — also, not sure where you’re from — but east coast is amazing because you’ve got the coastline, then you can easily head North to ski. I spent most summers in RI on the beach – LOVE it!

I have a friend that lives in Woodbridge that is very close to New Haven and a nice suburb, Woodbridge also has some excellent outlets!

Let me know if you have any specific questions about it!

Post # 11
4385 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I visited there once and it is gorgeous!!! Congrats to Mr. KM 🙂

Post # 12
806 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I live in CT, not in New Haven but fairly close by! 

I think it’s great and I plan to stay (I have the perspective of having lived in a few other parts of the country).  High cost of living, but other than that, I heart it.  New Haven has a lot to offer (restaurants, culture etc) and is not quite as expensive as the part of the state that is closer to NYC.

If you’ve been to NY and MA I don’t think it’s all that different, save for minor local quirks.

Post # 13
4001 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

My Fiance is from that area, that’s where we’re moving after the wedding.  I like it there, its a great place for a family and there’s nice restaurants/nightlife for adults. 

Post # 16
3526 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

*jawdrop*

WOW! Congrats! You landed yourself a smart cookie huh?

I’ve never been to CT but considered moving there if we ever move back closer to NYC. It’s within driving distance depending on where. Seems like a beautiful state!

The topic ‘99% sure that we’re moving to…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors