(Closed) 9T3090 Style dress…alterations & weight loss

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
436 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I just wanted to say that your dress is beautiful!!

Obviously i recommend speaking to a professional, but I don’t really see it being a problem.

good luck and congrats on all of your weight loss so far!

Post # 4
436 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Hey dress twin!!! i maintained my weight for that dress… but with any dress you usually can only take it in 2 sizes or let out 2 sizes.

Post # 6
4415 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

You are not going to have any trouble taking the dress in.  The lace part will actually be easier to take in than the satin part, because the pleating needs to be matched up on the satin part, but a good seamstress will not have any trouble doing that. 

Post # 7
185 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Well, if you get too thin just think of the fun you’ll have gaining some weight to fit into your beautiful dress!Wink

Post # 9
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2011

you probably already got this figured out but i had the same problem with the same dress. once you lose more than 2 sizes they exchange the same dress for a smaller size. i traded my bigger one in already and had no problems.

Post # 10
713 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012 - Watch tower lodge, Black hawk state Park Rock Island, IL

YAY A DRESS TWIN!!! and I totally feel ya with this one! I have been trying to lose weight too and my aunt is a pro seamstress but even she told me that typically a dress can only be taken in or let out 2 dress sizes…I do know that DB will let you exchange your dress up to a certain point..i think its 6 months..

The topic ‘9T3090 Style dress…alterations & weight loss’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors