Post # 1
My finace and I know that we would like to elope somewhere and get married, but we don’t know where to go. We are just looking for some ideas from different people on places that they have been. We would rather stay in the US somewhere and possibly on a white beach is what I am thinking. Any suggestions would be great!
Post # 3
Since you said you’d rather stay in the US have you thought about some place along the Gulf of Mexico? Sanibel Island, FL has beautiful white beaches. Or maybe somewhere on the coast of North Carolina or maybe California?
Post # 4
Since I am from Florida, I will give you suggestions from there.
- Sanibel Island – Beautiful Beaches
- Saint Augistine – Rocky Beaches but a beautiful historic city (I think it would make awesome pictures)
- South Beach – More for super stylish and party oriented. Great night clubs!
- The Keys – Any of them would be appropriate, but range from touristy (Key West) to natural and untouched (Lovers Key)
- Naples – Great for Gulf coast beach.
I hope that helps. Good Luck!
Post # 5
- Wedding: June 2008 - Winery in the Gold Country
I highly recommend the central coast of California! The Carmel area has gorgeous views and the B&Bs rival any honeymoon destination the world over.
Post # 6
I’m not sure which coast your on. If I could have had my wedding ANYWHERE I would have had it in Sarasota FL.
St Augistine has already been mentioned , very lovely I went to college there.
Also depending the time of year Savannah Ga. Tybee Island has very pretty beaches and the city has historic charm.
Good luck with your wedding!
Post # 7
Destin, FL is also beautiful!