Post # 1
Hi, I have been posting a bit, but I was unregistered… I am so new to everything! This site, planning, everything!!! My wedding date is May 29, 2010… My finace and I plan to have a very casual nautical themed wedding on the beach (well, on the water on the Chesapeake Bay)!!
Please help me with any advice that you more experienced bees may have!! Everything is just so overwhelming right now… I just don’t know where to begin (well, i know lists and venues) I just found out that one of the venues is already booked for my date… eeek!!
Oh and I am still new to blogging in general so I am not sure if I posted this in the right place… I think this is in the newbee drop a line section…
Post # 3
Welcome to Weddingbee and congratulations! This is such an exciting time… You’re going to learn the ropes quickly and you’ll be a seasoned vet soon. The nice thing is that you have a lot of time to plan, and to figure out the lay of the land!
Post # 4
Welcome to the Hive preppydoc!! If you have any questions just ask us! (If you have a question you’re embarassed to ask the boards like "How do I post pictures?" or something like that, just private message one of the Hosstesses. You can tell who we are because under our avatars it says "HOSTESS") Again, welcome!!
Post # 5
Welcome! My best words of advice (that I wish someone had told me) are:
- Make a budget with your fh and anyone else who may be providing money and STICK to the budget
- Keep track of everything in a folder on computer
- Keep a wedding planning book full of ideas — clippings from magazines, web pages, etc…
- Consult the hive — use the search feature before asking a question that may have already been answered a million times.
- Take what everyone else says with a grain of salt and do your best to let catty comments roll off — for some reason when wedding planning everyone wants to tell you what to do, they all want to give their judgement.
- Plan the wedding you and your fh want – not the one everyone else tells you to have!
- Have fun, stay relaxed, and treat yourself well!
Post # 6
Welcome to weddingbee! Hope you’ll find lots of helpful information and lots of nice bees! Glad to see you here!
Post # 7
Welcome!! This place is addicting so be prepared!!