(Closed) A 124% rsvp rate for a dw… say whaaaaaatttt??? nightmare seating chart

posted 8 years ago in Destination Weddings
  • poll: How do you manage seating when close friends/famil are attending with famil/friends you havent met?

Keep everyone together even if it means ppl you dont know sit at a close friends table

Split them up but only if additional guests will be seated at a fun and appropriate table

Split them up and don't worry about seats - they invited extra ppl to your wedding!

Ask for their advice but prepare to be distressed when making seating charts

Other - add your brilliant idea below :)

• Post # 31
    1088 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

Also, regarding extra guests, could you not talk to parents and invited guests and say there was a mix up and that you didn’t realize extra guests would be attending the actual wedding. Let people know extras are invited to come on the vacation, but that the wedding is invite only and others should find something else to do for the day? Personally I’m pretty sure I’d notice if a big chunk of my wedding guests were peopel I didn’t know…

Post # 32
    2409 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

View original reply
    mrs_loml: if someone added rsvp’s for those who are not invited, I would not make room for them at the wedding. They can entertain themselves or your invited guests can decline.

Fiance wasn’t invited to my cousin’s other-coast wedding. He flew in the day after the wedding and did fun stuff with us. 

Post # 33
    1306 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2014

We’d heard nightmares of parents inviting ppl, so we told both sets of parents that only our invite list mattered and that we’d be making all guest list decisions. We said that if they so much as hinted at invites that we didn’t agree to, then they’d just have to suck it up and explain to the ppl that they actually weren’t invited. Otherwise, those uninvited ppl would arrive and be turned away at the door with no place to sit and no food to eat (this was a bluff but necessary to tell parents just how much more embarrassed they’d be by inviting guests behind our backs When our parents aren’t paying).

In your case, if both sets of parents actually invited ppl to the reception who weren’t on your invite list, I’d have the parents pay for anybody they invited or have the parents explain that they misspoke and while the extra person can attend the vacation of course, the reception is more intimate and for invited guests only. 

The topic ‘A 124% rsvp rate for a dw… say whaaaaaatttt??? nightmare seating chart’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors