(Closed) A 1.25 ring + diamond band or just a 1.5 ring?

posted 6 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
1021 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I’d personally want to have a wedding band. Can you get the 1.5 e-ring and then a plain gold wedding band? 

Post # 5
2497 posts
Buzzing bee

@bride2beloozy:  Since you aren’t going to be wearing your ring(s) on a regular basis anyway, there’s no real symbolic meaning in having a wedding band you don’t really love. I think the 1.5 (leaving room to buy a band you love later on) is a better investment. I would personally much rather have one ring set my entire life instead of upgrading as I go. To me, that’s much more romantic and has a great fringe benefit of being cheaper in the long run!

Post # 6
1041 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Welcome to Weddingbee!

If you’re going to have a plain band anyway (as far as I understand), I’d personally sway toward the larger ring because I’d already have two. Plus the detail on the sides sounds beautiful. But if you don’t mind either way, maybe let him decide πŸ™‚ Good luck!

Post # 7
242 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2008

Assuming you’re going for triple excellent cut/polish/symmetry, I would go for the bigger stone.  I wouldn’t sacrifice quality to go bigger.  If you’re not wearing diamonds on a daily basis, I wouldn’t want 2 pieces that I can’t wear.  Wear the plain gold band and then rock the 1.5 for special occasions πŸ™‚

Post # 8
11272 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

if you will just be wearing a plain band for work, get the larger stone.

Post # 9
14487 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I’d go for the 1.5 for sure, and add on a diamond band later, since you cant wear either one daily anyways.  I’m guessing that if you get a 1.25 now+band, you will probably be a lot less likely to upgrade the 1.25.

Post # 10
4478 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Go for the bigger stone.  The diamond band can be an Anniversary gift.

Post # 11
799 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@bride2beloozy:  1.5 ering, all the way. You can always get the band later on!

Post # 12
1304 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Please just don’t view this as an investment.  You will never recover your money if you try to sell the ring later.

Post # 13
3314 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Since you’re going to have a plain band for everyday wear, I would definitely get the 1.5 solitaire.  You could always get a diamond eternity band for an anniversary if you still want another diamond ring.

Post # 14
1855 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

Another option is to wait until Black Friday or Boxing Day, and see if rings go on sale then. Black Friday is in like, a month. You might get a crazy sale that enables you to get both!

So since you would ideally like a 1.5, I would say to wait another month or two. 

Post # 15
412 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Totally get the 1.5! If your only wearing it for parties and special times then that is hands down what I would do because you can always your 1.5 with your everyday gold band.

Yup yup yup get the 1.5

Post # 16
1381 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2009 - Mountain Meadow/Mansion

No contest-1.5! I agree with others; get the band as a present or for an anniversary down the road!

The topic ‘A 1.25 ring + diamond band or just a 1.5 ring?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors