(Closed) a 9:30 AM bridal shower

posted 6 years ago in Parties
Post # 3
282 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I’d talk to the FSILS and politely ask if the time can be pushed back a few hours.  Of course, it would be inconvenient to call all the guests to inform them of the change, but less inconvenient than a 9:30 shower…

Post # 4
2135 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Holy cow, if I was a guest I would almost consider missing the shower if it was at 9:30 am (lazy of me I know, but if I have to wake up early every other day of the week, I at least want to sleep in a little on my weekends!)

Post # 5
7587 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

9:30 is crazy! 

Post # 6
5494 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2011

9:30 is crazy early especially given that it’s a holiday weekend and most of your guests have to drive such long distances.  I would talk to your FSILs or have your sister talk to them and see if the time or date can be changed.  I would be so annoyed if they made these decisions and didn’t run them by me first.

Post # 7
2725 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Umm, you definitely have the right to be annoyed. 

Post # 8
615 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Wow… if a lot of your guests are making a 5-6 hour drive to get to the shower, that would put most of them at a 3AM (if not earlier!) wake up time in order to get ready.

Is there a way you can politely request that the shower starts a few hours later? It sounds like a LOT of guests would appreciate that. Even making the shower around noon might up the chances of making it more feasible for guests to get there without being entirely sleep deprived and exhausted.

Post # 9
1572 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I would def move it. 930…I barely make it classes that early O_O

Post # 10
434 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

Haha yeah… 9:30 AM on a weekend is my sleepy time lol. I would just be super polite and kind when you mention that because guests X, Y, Z are graciously driving 5-6 hours to come it is not super feasable for them (feasible? feasable? oh well, i’m only a teacher, lol). I feel like, you can’t NOT say something, ya know? 9:30 am!!? Lol

Post # 11
434 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

I’m sorry if my LOLing came out the wrong way, like I’m laughing at you. I don’t mean to make light of your dilemma, I just think you have one option here and that one option is to speak up. I absolutely think you have every right to be annoyed and I didn’t mean to be flippant about your dilemma. I have just NEVER heard of a shower this early before and it is perplexing. 

Post # 12
399 posts
Helper bee

I’m not lazy 🙂 and I wouldn’t come. I think you should ask your FSILs. maybe they didn’t think it thorugh about the travel time for a lot of the guests. At any rate, you could at least open the convo with the date change thing. I mean, they cleared the date with you months ago, right? you were spreading the word…. That’s not cool. 🙁 I’m sorry you even have to deal with this

Post # 13
6893 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012

I’d say something. That is ridiculous and does sound a bit rude to me. Maaaaybe they just didn’t think it through, but really when addressing invites they had to know that people were farther away and common sense should say 9:30 am is NOT normal for a shower. What the heck are they thinking?!

I’d definitely ask and push for it to be moved back. Granted I’m not afraid of a little confrontation when it is such an inconvenient thing they’ve done.

Ugh I can’t get over it – WHO DOES THAT?!

Post # 14
3175 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Am I the only one who doesn’t think 9:30 is early? lol Maybe I”m confused because I’m on toddler sleep time.

I do think it’s rude, though, considering your Out of Town guests. I would just address that when you talk to your hostesses. Just be honest! I’m sure they’ll understand that no one wants to make a 3am drive for a shower. Maybe they were just assuming those people didn’t want to come.

Post # 15
6893 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012

@les105:  I mean it’s not early in general, but it seems oddly early for a wedding event that isn’t breakfast. Lol. I haven’t ever heard of showers being before noon, honestly.

Post # 16
4485 posts
Honey bee

Wow. I would definitely say something since it is not ok to change the date without informing you. Not to mention, all the work everyone has gone to to make travel arrangements for the following weekend. Plus, that is way too early for a Saturday event.

The topic ‘a 9:30 AM bridal shower’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors