(Closed) A can of tuna a day= mercury poisoning?

posted 7 years ago in Wellness
Post # 3
Member
5784 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2011

I’m pretty sure you should cut way back. It depends on if you are eating albacore or light tuna.

Post # 5
Member
4137 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

i don’t know about mercury poisoning, but a can of tuna at your desk every day would make me a VERY unhappy coworker!

Post # 6
Member
5784 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2011

@kitzy: lol I thought this as well

Post # 8
Member
2103 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

@kitzy: lol I was totally thinking the same.

Post # 9
Member
853 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

oh noes! I just had a can of tuna for dinner last night Surprised

ok, ok, I know it’s not THAT terrifying for the average grazer, but if you’re eating it every day, now I’m kinda worried for you. Maybe you can switch: “Fortunately, it’s easy to choose lowermercury fish that are also rich in healthful omega-3 fatty acids.” They mention this in the article… maybe switch to salmon?

Post # 10
Member
10367 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

It may not cause direct poisoning, but it will bioaccumulate in your body, which could cause problems for you down the road (or for your children. I’m not 100% clear on whether the heavy metals are released into breast milk with the fat (where the metals mostly get stored), but there’s a pretty good chance. Something to look into at least!)

Post # 11
Member
7695 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

Ive heard you really arent supposed to eat tuna more than 2-3 times per week. I think this goes for a lot of types of fish actually.

Also…..just a can of tuna for breakfast? Ive never heard of this!

The topic ‘A can of tuna a day= mercury poisoning?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors