(Closed) A dress for a curvy, 4'11 bride >.>

posted 4 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
1709 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2016 - Garden

Wow a big difference in height! Him being 6’4 and you 4’11! Awe I think that’s so cute!! I’m a short bee too, a little under 5’2 and him being 5’10. To me tall is the best! Wouldn’t go with anyone shorter. Congrats bee!

I suggest a few. 

Dress 1: doesn’t have much of a train. It is elegant. Half lace at the top, and the flow of the dress is just phenomenal! Has straps. Was not sure I’d you were interested in that. 

Dress 2: tight at the top with a gorgeous design finish, flowly at the bottom, giving your hips room to breathe. A small train as well. At Davids bridal.

Dress 3: the top looks a little shorter due to the lace details, with a longer flow of the dress giving you the illusion that you may look taller. 🙂 try to find dresses close to this one. It may be what you’re looking for. 

Post # 3
2842 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Do you mind if I ask what your chest-waist-hip measurements are? If you don’t know that or don’t want to say – do you know if you are an hourglass/pear/triangle/ruler etc, and what size you are?

That will make a difference re what will suit you.

Also – what is your price range?

Post # 4
1709 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2016 - Garden

I know this is a maternity dress so don’t bother with the name. But watch how the seam is close to the models bustline. That right there will give you and your peers the illusion that you’re taller. Try to find dresses like these.

Sorry for the freaking GIANT pic! Try not to go too high in the heels because walking In them can be a pain. So please be careful. Trying to walk and eventually tripping over yourself or the dress can be so harsh :/ 

Good luck bee!!

Post # 5
3230 posts
Sugar bee

This dress by Jesús del Pozo fits nicely with your wish list: a light fabric, very elegant, not fussy and would work with what you have identified as your problem areas, and the vertical pleating will help to visually elongate you.

Post # 6
667 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

As a fellow short curvy bride marrying a tall man (5’2″ &6’3″), I feel you.  Unfortunately, I went for a fit and flare so I can’t really help with flowy chiffon recommendations.  I would recommend going and trying dresses on and seeing what works best for you.  Depending on which of your measurements are short, mine has always been bust to shoulder, makes a difference in what looks good.  

Post # 7
45 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2016

Try on dresses girl! You may be surprised! I am 5 ft. And curvy as well and ended up going with an a line, the allure 9200 in ivory 

Post # 8
381 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

What’s your budget like? I loved the floaty, chiffon look and really didn’t want to spend a ton on my dress. If you’re similar, Eden Bridals Silver Label/Collection is awesome. Their description is: “Timeless, soft, floaty, ethereal gowns in luxe chiffon, gorgeous satins, and heavenly tulle. Eden Silver Label gowns are designed to be lightweight and versatile for outdoor & destination weddings. These luxurious styles are made with our signature care and refinement for the bride who is looking for sophistication and style without all the weight of royal pomp and circumstance.”

I happened to pick my dress as a sample without seeing the rest of the line, but looking at it (http://www.edenbridals.com/Silver-Label_c_14.html) online was the closest I’ve come to dress regret. My dress was $440 new, I think, plus I got 10% off on top of that for a sample. My only concern would be that I didn’t order my dress so I don’t know if they offer different lengths, etc. for a petite bride.

My dress:

12714504_10101167000263937_1235221312_n

IMG_7712

Post # 9
285 posts
Helper bee

I really love this Essence of Australia dress.  I think it’s chiffon or organza.  Simple.  And more comfortable than other similar dresses that I tried on because the material is pretty light.

This dress is a newer EOA dress style.  I like it from the stock photo but haven’t seen it in person or on a real bride.

Is there a specific silhouette or budget you’re trying to stay within?

Post # 12
9165 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

View original reply
shalomx7:  

Oh isn’t that the most beautiful dress. !! It isn’t my idea of a wedding dress, or at least it wasn’t , but it is so gorgeous that  I don’t  believe  I can say  that any more!

Have you got your dress yet? Will it be possible to get his one or is  thousands  and thousands !  It  looks like it  it would be .

Post # 13
161 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

View original reply
shalomx7:  Awe how cute! I’m 4’9 and my Fiance is 6″5!! 

Post # 15
161 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

View original reply
shalomx7:  IT IS GREAT! I love your dream dress!! So beautiful! 

The topic ‘A dress for a curvy, 4'11 bride >.>’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors