Post # 1
- Wedding: September 2014 - Manhattan Church Rec Center
5 years, 5 months, 8 days
6 months on the bee.
Christmas eve. My dreams came true.
Today we picked a date. Like, we agreed on it. He is serious and it just hit me today.
So I wanted to impart some words of wisdom (ha!):
- The Shut-it-up-pact works. just be aware of the wedding vomit that comes out of our mouths. And I am still doing the SIU pact.
- The bee is a wonderful resource. there are bees from every walk of life here, they all are valuable for the knowledge they bring.
- Your SO will propose when HE is ready. And not a moment before.
- Really understanding what marraige entails is a big deal. It isn’t something to be taken lightly. Jumping off the plane isn’t easy.
I think that is all I wanted to say.
SO hang in there my lovely waiting bees. All of your times will come.
And believe me, it DOES take a while to sink in. I experienced a bit of shock. But as time goes on it is so wonderful!
Post # 3
Thank you for this post !
Post # 4
@Sapphire-Dreamer: I co-sign all of this- as former waitingbee as well!
Post # 5
- Wedding: June 2013 - Country Club
Yup, I agree with everything you said (except I never did the Shut it up pact because I wasn’t on the bee until he proposed).
I also wanted to add, that every time we take a big step in planning (Ie: buying my dress! getting his ring! picking a color!) it all feels sooo much more real than before!
Good luck, waiting bees!
Post # 6
I hope the SIUP will work for me, but I also hopes that his time to propose is soon! ha! Thank you for the words of advice & congrats again!
Post # 7
Congrats! I also agree with everything you said bc I too have a similar story. Mine finally proposed after making me wait 7 years 7 months and 7 days. December 18th was my triple 7 lucky day!! Boy did he do it on his own time!! i didn’t join until after the engagement but I wish I would have known about the waiting bee boards bc I could have had a long run with it lol. Even though we have been dating for so long and practically married anyway, being engaged and starting to plan a wedding brings an awesome new perspective to the relationship and is so much more exciting than I ever imagined.
Post # 8
Thanks for this. Best of luck to you!
Post # 9
@Sapphire-Dreamer: Thanks, hope all your plans and wishes come true^-^ (sigh, heard about the bridal fantasy in Edmonton) another year gone lol
Post # 10
@Sapphire-Dreamer: Employing the shut-it-up pact as of today. I wasn’t even aware I was doing all this wedding-talk with him. He just told me today that we are on the same page and he doesn’t know why I keep asking. Eeek.