- 6 years ago
- Wedding: June 2013
So I am always on the search out for little things to make my wedding a little bit unique and personal to us. I am from England, where most of this hasn’t really started too much yet and most of it is DIY.
Some of the things we are doing includes:
- When people enter at the ceremony we are going to have photographs of every guest (hopefully if they send them back with the invite) with a sentence of what love and marriage means to them and who they are to the bride and groom. This is on a powerpoint playing at the front of the church.
- After I have walked up the aisle I am going to present a gift to my Mum and then on the way out present my Mother-In-Law with a gift to thank them for being amazing.
- We have awesome and unique invites but been sworn to secrecy by Fiance until these have gone out.
- Our centre-pieces are wooden letters made by my Grandad saying J&A. Can’t wait to see how these turn out. We will paint them our wedding colours.
- We are having newspaper style programs.
- Between the ceremony and reception, which are in two different locations we are having a marquee at the church with cake and alcohol before going to the reception venue.
- I am wanting to have hundreds of origami pelicans in our colours up the stairs of the reception venue.
- We are having diy bathroom baskets
- My Fiance and I are into climbing so we will be climbing the cake.
- We are having a candy buffet.
- Our table plan is in an old wooden suitcase
- Our wedding favours are PKD UK wristbands
- My BMs and I are wearing converse
- And our guest book is going to be DIY version of a photobooth.
Okay so not all unique nowadays but from where I’m from in the UK this is pretty unique for a wedding. I am so excited at planning these things.
I’d love to hear about all your unique and personal things (with pics if you have them) you have put in the wedding!! 😀
ps not sure which board to post this on so hoping that it’s the write one.