(Closed) A little worried….

posted 6 years ago in TTC
Post # 3
827 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I’d think if you have been having unprotected sex for 2 years and you haven’t been pregnant, it probably isn’t too early to go have things checked out.

Have you ever taken an ovulation test? Are your periods regular?

Post # 4
2261 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Do you have an Ob-Gyn you see regularly? 2 years is a long time to not be pregnant but use no birth control. My doctor told me to come in after 6 months if we were not pregnant and ttc without birth control. 

 Edit: Just wondering as well, sorry if this is forward of me, but may I ask why you didn’t use birth control? Was it something you’d be happy about if you guys found out you were pregnant or is this for religious reasons? Also… do you (or your SO) have any pre-existing health issues that may be making it hard for you to get pregnant? 

Post # 5
838 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

This is similair to my Darling Husband and I. We didnt use protection (a mutual agreement)and went along with NTNTC(not trying not to conceive) we went to the docs after a year of this as we decided to actively try. It turns out I have PCOS and my doctor suspects that Im not ovulating on my own, although I do have regular periods (give or take a few days). The main giveaway for PCOS is really irregular periods. I would definately go see your doctor,both of you and they can come up with a plan of action and investiagte. They wont turn you away,or tell you to come back after another 6 months or something.

Post # 6
1301 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@whittiegal15:  I think you should go to the doctor. One question they will probably ask is how often you have sex. If you are having regular sex through out your cycle I would go and speak with a doctor as you might need some help. There are so many options out there, I am sure it will work out. 

Post # 7
501 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

@whittiegal15:  Hi, welcome to the board.

your post raises one of the biggest misconceptions I wish I could correct! there should be billboards about this 🙂

so, my public service announcement: in the medical world, ‘trying’ does *not* mean what it means on the internet!

when doctors say you should see a fertility specialist after ‘trying’ for a year, they don’t mean charting, temping, etc. . .they just mean that the majority of couples will be pregnant within a year of unprotected sex. that’s it. no intentionality involved. Just random, unprotected sex.

so. . yes I would talk to a doctor ASAP. as long as you guys are having sex ~2 times per week, this unfortunately means that something is probably wrong somewhere.

i don’t say that to make you feel bad–  something is wrong with me also. 🙂 but yeah. definitely make an appointment (and ideally with a fertility doc not just an MD) because the likelihood that there is a problem with either you or your husband is very, very high.

do you have regular cycles? this is probably the biggest thing you want to figure out before a doctor’s appointment. and how old are you?


Post # 8
9053 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

@hellorebecca:  I agree. As long as you’re not actively doing something to prevent pregnancy (even rhythm method or pulling out) I’d say by medical standards you’d be considered to be a candidate for at least further investigation – basic hormone testing and semen analysis – at least. It’s definitely worth looking into getting checked out Now. 

The topic ‘A little worried….’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors