(Closed) A name for mounting stones like this?

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 2
355 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

bbsu23 :  I’ve seen plenty of stones like that. It’s just a typical 4 prong mount (which tend to be pretty high). If you want the stone lower, you could get a “basket setting” which effectively removes that bottom but so the stone will sit lower. But that particular mounting in your photo is just the 4 prong Tiffany style mount. 

Post # 3
1715 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

bbsu23 :  The ring itself is a cathedral setting. I think what makes the setting look unusual is the solid shoulders of the ring itself, so it looks like the diamonds are sunk into the ring. You might look at half-bezel setting if you like this look.


Sholdt Rainier Three Stone

Sholdt R237-1D

Brian Gavin, 1/2 bezel three stone



3 Stone Half Bezel Engagement Ring



The topic ‘A name for mounting stones like this?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors