(Closed) A poll for those married or living together.

posted 9 years ago in Home
  • poll: Do you rent or own?
    Rent - Apartment. : (176 votes)
    35 %
    Rent - House. : (45 votes)
    9 %
    Rent - Condo. : (24 votes)
    5 %
    Rent - Duplex. : (24 votes)
    5 %
    Rent - (Other please explain.) : (10 votes)
    2 %
    Own - Apartment. (I had heard of this before.) : (7 votes)
    1 %
    Own - House. : (167 votes)
    33 %
    Own - Condo. : (35 votes)
    7 %
    Own - Duplex. : (3 votes)
    1 %
  • Post # 47
    9479 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2012

I want to rent a townhouse once Fiance and I have the money.  

Post # 48
    3460 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

I saw we own a condo…but if I were renting this place (as some do), I have to say I’d call it an apt

Post # 49
    535 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: February 2011

We own a townhouse.

Post # 50
    2231 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

We own our condo apartment. Technically anything that is governed by a condominium board is a condominium (HOA for those of you in the US, I guess?). Townhouses, apartments, bungalows, 2 storey homes can all be condos. It’s a lot more common now to see bungalow condominums now because of the aging population!

Post # 51
    764 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

Hubby bought a house about 7 years beefore we met. I had rented until then. And since Texas is a community proprety state, WE own a house. 🙂

Post # 52
    2554 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

We own a house. We bought it about 2.5 months into our relationship. Pretty crazy, but it’s worked out well! We are selling it soon and moving to another house in Victoria, B.C. Fiance already owned it before we met and has been renting it while here in Quebec. 

Post # 53
    3125 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: December 2017

We own a house. We purchased it after getting engaged and had our reception in our backyard. Part of me wishes we had waited a little longer so we would be in a better spot financially, but I love owning our own place.  

Post # 54
    984 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2010

Right now we rent a house but we are in the process of building and closing on Dec. 27. So I would say that we are closer to owning and being done with renting.

Post # 55
    329 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

We rent a townhome. The home prices outside of Boston where we live are really expensive and while we have the income, I don’t think we have strong enough credit to get a good enough rate, so we’re waiting. Also DH’s job requires us to move every 2-3 years, there’s no reason to buy anytime soon.

Post # 56
    78 posts
    Worker bee

Fiance bought his townhouse (I picked other, wasn’t sure how to classify goofy DC property) right before we started dating.  We have a lease agreement (both of us are 100% comitted but this way renovations are easier to stomach) before the wedding, and I’ll be added to the mortgage after the wedding.  

Post # 57
    10713 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2012

We rent a condo but weve been thinking about asking our landlady if we can buy it and remodel. I lived here 4 years before I met him so he moved in with me. Were currently trying to find a house too but he needs to find a job in his criminal justice field first. 

Eventually we’d like to own a few properties and rent them out. 

Post # 58
    1941 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2009

We own our home. We built it and chose the design the weekend we got engaged and moved in 4 months after our wedding.

Post # 59
    270 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

Fiance and I are currently renting an apartment but we are under contract for a house and expect to own in the next couple of months! 🙂

Post # 60
    2818 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

We live in an apartment & its perfect for us right now. Love the amenties! Eventually we will probably purchase a home, we just need to decide if we are going to stay in the current state we are in or not.

Post # 61
    1361 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

We own a house that we rent out, and also own a townhome.

The topic ‘A poll for those married or living together.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors