- 7 years ago
- Wedding: January 2012
Okay bees, I could really use your input on several questions I have..
First off, my fiance and I are having a small (wedding party and family only) wedding two hours from where we live. After the ceremony, we are going to have a nice relaxed dinner/reception (no dancing or DJ or anything like that, just dinner and time with the family) with a cake cutting. Then we go on our honeymoon. The weekend AFTER the wedding we are letting my Future Mother-In-Law get her way and throw a big casual pot-luck reception and invite whoever she wants, and we’ll invite people we would like to enjoy that with as well.
We already have the invite wording figured out for the family members we’re inviting to the ceremony & immediate dinner afterwards.. (and of course the reception bash the following week if they would like to go) so..
My first question is
1) how do we carefully word the reception only invites? And when should I send those out?
2) Plus, What is a realistic time to request RSVP’s be made? I plan on sending out the Invites for the ceremony itself in October, and the wedding is in January.
3) We are having our ceremony at a casino/resort, however I’m not sure how to go about blocking rooms, or if I even should. The room rates can be around $250 a night and up, and I know most guests would not be able to afford something like that so soon after christmas, if they can make it at all. Should I block any rooms? Offer suggestions as to other hotels? I’m clueless!
4) I have not created a wedding website yet, mainly because I’m unsure if it’s even a good idea? There are very few of our family members that are even on FB or other social sites, and I’m not going to have them RSVPing through the website. I also don’t want to offend people who seem to automatically think that because I’m getting married, they’re invited, and I don’t really want extra people just showing up – I doubt it would happen – but it’s still possible. Should I even create one?
5) Of my 3 bridesmaids, only one is single. I have no problem with her bringing a guest, but she’s thinking of asking a guy she met online.. not yet in person. I know a lot of couples meet this way nowadays, and I don’t have anything against the process, but does it sound weird that I feel a little uncomfortable at the idea of having a stranger in the midst of all this? Especially since it will be out of town, and an intimate wedding? I’m not judging by any means, I want her to be happy regardless of who she wants to bring, I just feel weird about this for some odd reason. Am I justified or do I need to just stop worrying over it?
I am so sorry for the bombardment of questions, but I’ve got just under 6 months left, doing the planning mostly on my own, and I’m starting to stress big time! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!