(Closed) A yelling match between my MIL and I. (vent & long)

posted 6 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
242 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’m sorry you are having such issues with her.  I have had issues with my Future Mother-In-Law as well.  My mom gave me a wonderful piece of advice when dealing with in-laws:  Let your Fiance do the talking.  Many mothers don’t want to except that they are no longer number one in their son’s lives.  You confronting her about her boyfriend and her daughter (yes I know she is yours but she is also your FI’s child too) probably put her already high guard even higher.  By all means, keep your child away from someone who you feel threatened by.  But did you have to send her that text?  Couldn’t you have done it silently?  Or if there are situations where she is around them and you aren’t, can’t you have your Fiance make that clear?

My Future Mother-In-Law is no Mother Teresa.  She has actually chased me around the house screaming at me in another language.  But I never went there with her.  You have to be the bigger person.  I know it’s difficult.  I have wanted to slap my Future Mother-In-Law many times.  But you have to remain cordial and respectful.  It keeps the peace. Do you plan to keep your daughter away from her grandmother? 

Post # 5
246 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Yikes. I feel for you; I have a horrible relationship with Future Mother-In-Law. I agree that you should let Fiance do most of the talking and try not to let it consume you. 

Post # 6
3583 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Pardon me, I’m confused.  Was your Future Mother-In-Law a lesbian and she had an affair with a male?  I am trying to understand your argument for not wanting the child around her partner…

Post # 8
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2017

@MrsDPal811:  Honestly, it sounds like you’re just as much into this drama as everyone else in the family. Why did you feel the need to call up FGMIL? That’s just adding fuel to the fire. Just IGNORE your Future Mother-In-Law. I know, it going to seem impossible. But if you don’t just ignore her and ignore the things that SHE chooses to do – guess what? Welcome to your new life! The stress and drama will never end. Why don’t you choose to be the more mature, emotionally stable person in the relationship, if for nothing else than your kids’ sakes? You’re a grown woman and you’re having screaming matches with your FMIL? WTH? That’s ridiculous behavior IMO. I have no patience for people who whine “woe is me” and want a bunch of sympathy when they are part of the problem!! Grow up.

The topic ‘A yelling match between my MIL and I. (vent & long)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors