(Closed) AA 2013 Brides..Where are you??!!

posted 6 years ago in African-American
Post # 3
3262 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

*raises hand*

We’re small too, but also destination (Caribbean). I’ve done a LOT of planning on my own (venues, vendors, decor, dress ideas, styling ideas, menu, etc) but we haven’t signed any contracts yet. The more I’m left to my own devices, the more I keep changing things. For example, I recently got the bright idea to switch from all-candle centerpieces to glass oil lamps instead. 

Actually as soon as I get the word from my sweetiepie, I’ll put all these plans in motion and the wedding should pretty much plan itself. I’m slightly afraid I’ll never find shoes. I’m a stiletto fiend, but my FH isn’t taller than me, so I need some blinged out flat sandals and all the ones I see look too casual.

Post # 5
267 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

We’re excited!  looking forward to a June wedding. hoping to confirm our date tomorrow! 🙂

Post # 6
1465 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I am a member of the 2013 club. I had a wedding planner but she failed to understand that military brides have it hard because we are waiting for our men to come home and when we dont hear from them it affects us to the point that it is hard to communicate. So my Fiance agreed to finish the rest when he comes home because I cant deal with her mood and my own emotions.

Post # 9
1465 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@2Old4this:  Thanks I appreicated it so much. I didnt hear from him for 3 months and his camp was attacked and he was severly injured (head and legs). When I would call prior to finding out what happened she was short and hostile it hurt my feeling because I was so stressed (crying and praying). I couldnt express how bad she was making me feel.

My Fiance was pissed and said just stop and fire her and we will do it when he comes home. i sent her an email and she never responded. So that goes to show that I made the right decision.

Post # 10
287 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Here! but about to leave lol! get married in about 2 weeks!!!

Post # 11
529 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

I stay on Etsy….I have purchased a lot of things from that site. I got my flower girl dresses, floor decal, hair bows for my FG and some other things from there. The dresses are really cute!

Post # 12
287 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

@Ashley1281:  Etsy is like crack. it’s a bad bad habit lol!

Post # 13
53 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

My wedding is June 2013 and it’s fairly big about 200 people.  And I’m starting to get very stresed out!  We also just bought a house it won’t be built until early 2014 but two very stressful things all at the same time.  I have almost everything done I just need to print and send out invites and the groom and groomsmen need to get their attire.  I have my dresses (I will be wearing two gowns) but have lost weight so it will require some alterations.  Still need to get flower girl and ring bearer outfits and accessories (basket, pillow etc.) Very stressed but super excited this is my biggest dream come true!

Post # 14
529 posts
Busy bee

@2strapscool:  Girl, it is! I’m still on there trying to find stuff…lol.

Post # 15
8695 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

@niasg1:  I have a similar situation! My Fiance is in the navy on a submarine so when he is deployed there is very little communication! Some vendors didnt seem like they could wait so I just didnt book them.

I am a September 2013 bride : )

Post # 16
11 posts
Newbee

1.19.13 is our date!

My most recent concern is what color to polish my nails! I am torn between a caviar look and a simple manicure. Other than that, I’m coolin’. We are having a VERY simple and classic ceremony with immediate family followed by fine dining 🙂

The topic ‘AA 2013 Brides..Where are you??!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors