Post # 1
I’ve heard about Cat Print via other ladies on Weddingbee, and I’ve been so impressed with the results that I’ve decided to use them for my invites!
I love that I can choose my paper, whether I want my corners rounded (or paper folded, bound, etc.), and the site’s super user-friendly. There’s also a helpful video tutorial which is also reassuring.
I’ll post once I get them in the mail!
Anyone else have good experiences with CatPrint/thinking of using them?
Post # 3
- Wedding: June 2014 - Cedar Lake Cellars
I think I’m going to use them, though I do have months to decide. I have everything all picked out and am planning on it unless something else amazing comes along.
Please post your invites when they come back.
Post # 4
- Wedding: June 2012 - Franklin Plaza
Used them for my bridal shower invites and just placed the order with them for our wedding invitations. I seriously love their work. Can’t say enough great stuff about them!
Post # 5
Love Catprint, be sure to order the hard copy proof. I had my 1st order get lost in the mail but they sent another one very quickly.
Post # 6
I used them for our save-the-date and our RSVP card. They were fabulous! The customer service is great, too.
Post # 7
Thanks for your input, guys!
I’m thinking of ordering a simple 5×7 (double-sided) invite, but I would love it if the card was really thick.
Do you guys remember how heavy the card stock you used was and how thick/flimsy it felt?
Post # 8
You can order free samples of their paper, particularly wedding-related paper. They have a great selection and many of the choices are thick.
Post # 9
- Wedding: July 2012 - Baltimore Museum of Industry
I’m going to use them for our invites- I am so excited about the shimmer paper!!
Post # 10
Since my original post I’ve unfortunately had some negative experiences with CatPrint, and it looks like I’ll no longer be ordering with them.
These are some of the issues I’ve had:
– No responses to my e-mails until phoning them (after 2 days). This was for 2 different things (a samples book and a discount code) to 2 of their different e-mail addresses. I was asked to re-send the e-mails when I phoned, and although things were eventually figured out, this was frustrating since it slowed down the ordering process.
– Very difficult time reaching anyone over the phone. Usually ended up having to leave voicemails.
– Surprise order charge: When I was trying to order samples I had accidentally clicked on the quicker shipping opiton (much more expensive), so I clicked “back” from the checkout to correct that on the order. However, instead of leading me back to the item details page, I was brought back to the home page. Not sure what had happened, I clicked “forward” to return to the order, and the order with the expensive shipping price had been placed! I got an order confirmation e-mail stating I owe them big bucks – over $66 for a 5×7″ post card and a 3.5″ square. Thankfully, I had selected the “pay later” option as I wasn’t sure if they charge for proofs. — I tried to call them to let them know what happened during business hours, but no one picked up. Again, I had to leave a voicemail.
I’m sure we’ll be able to rectify the charge situation tomorrow, but it’s just been a struggle and I’ve found something local that I’m happy with (after being frustrated by waiting for CatPrint to get back to me).
I’m glad others have at least had good experiences with CatPrint… I just haven’t had much luck with them.
Post # 11
I just wanted to share my experience with Catprint with the other brides.
I really like the large selection of papers, their free hard copy proofs and low prices.
I received the hard copy proofs and were not satisfied with them so I called Suzanne from Catprint to make revisions. The problem was that the proofs did not look exactly like the pdfs that I submitted. Suzanne was, to say the least, not very customer friendly. Yes, the revisions got done but not after she made it seem like I was making her do extra work. She repeatedly told me that the proofs that I submitted were not good enough and that she had to put in the crop marks herself and so on and so on.
Yes, Catprint is good but, with my experience with Suzanne, I will no longer be going to them for my wedding printing needs.
Post # 12
I would HIGHLY recommend CatPrint to anyone looking to print for invitations, STD’s, etc. We used them for our invitations and they turned out AMAZING! We were using a different company at first but when we got the proofs they looked low quality so we switched to CatPrint. When we ordered through CatPrint it was super easy and they were more than helpful over the phone! We didn’t order proofs because we had a time constraint but they still fixed an original error of ours to make sure everything looked perfect. Also, the quality of paper is awesome! We ordered the heavy linen cardstock in cream and they were super sturdy and thick and had an amazing texture to them! Here’s some not so great pics of them… sorry no pro pics yet 🙁
I’m actually ordering business cards from them as well!
Post # 13
@kabella: I agree with your sentiment about catprint. I did not find them very customer service friendly and they did seem to act like they were doing me a favor when they reprinted my RSVP after they had originally printed it askew. Disappointed since I they had such good reviews on the boards.
Post # 14
@lorelai: Agreed! I unfortunately did order my invitations, RSVPs, etc from them and have experienced painfully slow responses to printing issues and slow responses to emails and unreturned phone calls. Who did you end up using? I still need to order programs and thank you cards and I need to find someone else.
Post # 15
@paut0012: I used two local printing houses and was really happy with the service and end results – where are you located? If you’re in the same city as me I can recommend them! I’ll post photos sometime soon.
Post # 16
I had an amazing experience with CatPrint. My designer gave all the files with the cut marks, etc., shipping was extremely fast, and they over printed (I looked, and it seemed there were two different job numbers) so they gave me all of them! I can’t rave about them enough!