(Closed) About to put in my 2 weeks notice & feeling nervous!

posted 7 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
592 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@AnnieAAA: Yeah, giving notice it THE worst. Always so awkward no matter how much you hate your job. I definitely think you should do it today though, then you are free for the weekend and won’t have to have this in the back of your mind until Monday!

Good luck!

Post # 4
2114 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I think Friday is better so then they can have the weekend to ‘digest’ it . I havent read your other posts so I hope this is on good terms 🙂 get em girl !!

Post # 6
1835 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

Awkwardddd I always hated that. I’ve only had to give 2 or 3 notices in my life but they’re always so uncomfortable- expected or not!

Post # 7
519 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Aww, good luck! I hate doing things like this. It makes me so nervous I could throw up! 

Post # 8
1036 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I have only done this once, and was leaving on my terms from a job I couldn’t stand.  Still it is so nerve racking.  Just be honest, and definetely do it today.  Don’t wait until Monday, for your sake and your director’s.  You won’t have to worry any longer, and he will have a chance to digest and start planning over the weekend.

Post # 9
3041 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

If you can, you could always give him “extra” notice. Only if that won’t hinder your new job or you at all. If your job is kinda hard to fill, it may help. I always gave as much notice as possible. It was ALWAYS awkward but less so when I gave them extra time (like a 3 week notice).

Do it today! It will drive you crazy all weekend!! & congrats on your new job :).

Oh & at least you didn’t do what a newly-hired person did. She left work at lunch, printed out a “this is my 2 week notice”, left it at the printer & never came back in. Never gave the notice to anyone, didn’t say anything, she just “disappeared” (she eventually talked to someone in the office a week or so after that, she just couldn’t handle it). So at least you aren’t doing that :). I think about that story every time I’m about to switch jobs, I feel good I’m letting them know instead of just walking out on them.

Post # 10
5977 posts
Bee Keeper

Ack! I’m nervous for you! Just explain to him what you said to us…tell him that you’re moving back into the field that you’re passionate about and it was an opportunity that fell in your lap that you couldn’t pass up. Thank him for all of the doors he opened for you at the marketing firm and let him know that you enjoyed your time working there. He might be pissed, but you’re really looking out for yourself!

Post # 12
3041 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

@AnnieAAA: Yea I know, it was a shocker & at first we were worried about her, but then just mad (we didn’t find the notice til the next day). Don’t feel bad giving them 2 weeks, that’s plenty of time. I would give them the notice today because it gives them 1 extra day plus the weekend, plus it “frees” you for the weekend, so its better for both of you. I like @2PeasinaPod suggestion on how to say it too.

Post # 13
223 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Good luck!! I gave my two MONTHS notice at a newspaper job about a year (and two months) ago – and my editor did not SPEAK to me for TWO WEEKS, so I’m glad I didn’t give my two weeks. 🙂 haha. Eventually it ended up fine and we are on good terms now, but man it was AGONIZING when it happened.

The topic ‘About to put in my 2 weeks notice & feeling nervous!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors