(Closed) Academy Awards 2012: Best and Worst Dressed!

posted 6 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
1550 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

In my opinion, best dresseed were Gwenyth Paltrow (that cape was so fashion forward), Penelope Cruz (very timeless) and Michelle Williams (I WOULD TOTALLY WEAR THAT DRESS!)

I think worst dressed was Angelina Jolie. She looks like she is going to pass out at any second and I couldn’t stand looking at her stick arms and sickly looking legs with that HUGE slit.

Post # 4
14496 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

@MissDareDevil:  LOL, I had more than one person on my FB say “quick, someone get Angelina a cheese burger”  It was then I had to turn it on, she did not look well at all.

Post # 5
1815 posts
Buzzing bee

I agree, I thought Gwyneth was ON POINT. I loved Sandra Bullock as well. I just wished she would have done something better with her hair and makeup. She needed a brighter lip color.

I also really liked Ellie Kemper. I did not like Emma Stones dress. Actually, I loved the dress, I just didn’t like it on her. It didn’t look right with her hair color.

Post # 6
13099 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

Loved:

Penelope Cruz

Jessica Chastain

Octavia Spencer

Glenn Close

Hated:

Jennifer Lopez

Emma Stone

Shailene Woodley

Post # 7
14496 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

They just trashed Gwyneth and Kelly Osborn, but I thought they both looked amazing.  The cape was not my favorite, kind of costumey to me, but I thought Kelly Osborn look freaking amazing and that dress was stunning!

Post # 8
1815 posts
Buzzing bee

@tksjewelry:  I liked Kelly’s dress, but I hate her hair. And her tattoos.

Post # 10
2759 posts
Sugar bee

I’m rather horrified by the amount of bashing Angelina has received by the media. She is looking quite thin, but I would imagine harping on her figure and telling her to go eat a sandiwch isn’t very helpful :/  It’s gotta be stressful managing THAT many kids, fame AND a double career.

I really loved:

Cameron Diaz

Octavia Spencer

Penelope Cruz

Natalie Portman (yay polka dots!!)

I disliked:

Melissa McCarthy (she’s so beautiful whyyyy did they put her in a satin tent?!)

Brad Pitt (CUT the darn hair already!)

Meryl Streep (wayyyy too loose and sloppy-looking)

Post # 11
5784 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2011

I found the dresses at the show kinda underwhelming, I did like Octovia Spencer and Jessica Chastain. I like the color of Penelope’s dress but the style feels matronly to me. Nina Dobrev at the after parties was my total fave

Post # 12
161 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Best

Michelle Williams  – beautiful, original, classic “new old Hollywood” (love that she has kept her pixie cut to honour Heath Leger and she always looks classy)

Emma Stone – original. classy and fun

Penelope Cruz – old Hollywood

Worst

Viola Davis – too much boob again! Sad because she is so beautiful, her stylist could have done wonders for her.

Jennifer Lopaz – That look is so trashy and she’s done it many times before

Angelina – dress, hair makeup all boring but it was her attitude and they way she kept standing like a hooker. She is frail looking and that is never attractive.

Post # 13
210 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@deefirecracker:  “Michelle Williams  – beautiful, original, classic “new old Hollywood” (love that she has kept her pixie cut to honour Heath Leger and she always looks classy)”

Really? I didn’t know there was a story behind her hair. Can someone tell me?

Post # 15
1048 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Best dressed: Michelle Williams

Worst dressed: Penelope Cruz (am I the only one who thought the look didn’t suit her? It made her look way too matronly).

Post # 16
1550 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

@Mrs.KMM:  J LO definitely on my worst dress list as well. She looks like she got that dress at Rave or Wet Seal. barf.

The topic ‘Academy Awards 2012: Best and Worst Dressed!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors