(Closed) Acne & TTC – what works & is safe?

posted 6 years ago in TTC
Post # 3
2226 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I’ve never been told that salylic acid is bad while TTC.  I’ve been using it in my face wash the whole 2+ years I’ve been TTC.  I think it could just be while you’re pregnant. 

For what it’s worth, I use the Alba AcneDote line of face wash and it’s amazing.  I’ve tried Proactive, Neutrogena SkinID, neutrogena, Yes to Carrots, and countless others.  This stuff clears up acne and keeps it away.  AMAZING!

Post # 4
1807 posts
Buzzing bee

I don’t have any advice, but I’m bookmarking this thread because the only thing stopping us from TTC is the horrible acne I get when going off the pill. I don’t know what I’m going to do 🙁

Post # 5
5670 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

I have not been allowed to take anything and started breaking out the second I got pregnant. I bought really good facewash and al new makeup for sensitive skin. It has helped control some of the breakouts. I never had a problem going off the pill, but I can imagine that the change in hormone levels can effect your skin and make it more dry, sensitive, etc.

Post # 6
2538 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

I was definitely told that salicylic acid is not safe for pregnancy.  But I wouldn’t worry about during TTC.  I did cut back on products like that when I started and now almost 2 years later, I wish I hadn’t.  They classify every product on a scale from A to Z for it’s safety during pregnancy…

Post # 7
5107 posts
Bee Keeper

I have never in my life had acne but have been on oral contraceptives since early puberty for treatment for cysts, so that’s probably why….off BC since January and have had some mild breakouts since. Early last week I had some crazy breakouts like I’ve never had befroe I JUST switched to Mary Kay products and my face is clearing already =) Big fan! I think it’s all safe, but I will check to be sure once I do get pregnant. While TTC I’m not too worried about those chemicals, such a short amount of time the product is on the skin you know?

Post # 8
204 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

This isn’t a product really, but using my clarisonic has been really helping my post-BC breakouts and you can use it with whatever safe product you choose.

Post # 9
227 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

I read somewhere that a certain amount even in pregnancy is ok. I BELIEVE it’s 2% and under.  The two acne face washes I own both fall under that. One is 2% salycic acid and the other is something like .5%…  I think for TTC it’s a little bit like a drink till its pink decision….

The topic ‘Acne & TTC – what works & is safe?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors