(Closed) Address STD/Invitations to unmarried/not engaged couples living together…?

posted 9 years ago in October 2009
Post # 3
548 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Send one, if they’re a couple living together. Address it to "Mr. John Smith & Miss Jane Doe"

Post # 4
139 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2008

Just one. I think, technically since they are unmarried, you are supposed to put the lady’s name on the first line, and the man’s name one line below, with no "and" between them. But I’ve always thought that is really old fashioned, and we addressed invitations like those to "Jane Doe and John Smith."  

Post # 5
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

We sent one, and we addressed them according to who we knew first. For example, my FI’s friend is dating a girl for awhile now. So his invite is "Mr. A and Miss B" but for my female friends, I address them "Miss A and Mr. B" just depending on if we knew the woman or the man in the relationship

Post # 6
149 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Just one.  BA is right–you’re supposed to put the woman’s name first with the man’s below it, but for our STD’s we did exactly what BA did, put "Jane Doe & John Smith."

For the wedding invitations, however, you will probably want to be more formal.  I found Crane’s Blue Book to be extremely helpful when researching how to address my inner and outer envelopes. 


The topic ‘Address STD/Invitations to unmarried/not engaged couples living together…?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors