(Closed) addressing envelopes question

posted 8 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
499 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

We had a couple cases like this where we just wrote “Mr. Jonathan Michael Smith” for them.  You could also write “Mr. J. Michael Smith.”

Post # 4
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

My Father-In-Law goes by his middle name–we addressed his invite as his full name–Mr. Jonathan Michael Smith in your case.

Post # 5
722 posts
Busy bee

Either use his full name or use Mr. J. Michael Smith.

Post # 7
13099 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

If you’re addressing you invites formally (ie Mr. and Mrs. John Smith, etc) then you should address it to his actual first name (Mr. Jonathan Smith).  Its kind of along the same lines as someone who goes by a nickname/ shortened name (Kathryn goes by Katie) – you’d address it with the actual full name, Kathryn.

The topic ‘addressing envelopes question’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors