Post # 1
I’m just a little confused on what I should do. Different sites say different things. I’m having outer envelopes but NO inner envelopes.
1. For people + guest: Can I write “and guest” on the envelope? Ex Mr John Smith and guest If so, should I put the “and guest” on the 2nd line?
2. For people with children: I write the children on the 2nd line, right?
3. Since there are no inner envelopes, should I write out the names? Like instead of Mr & Mrs John Smith do Mr John and Mrs Mary Smith or should I leave off the Mr & Mrs and do John and Mary Smith
Any help is appreciated! I think those are the only instances that I’m still unsure of.
Post # 3
no replys? just a lil help or opinions?
Post # 4
This is tough – I would think it was weird seeing and guest on the outer envelope!
I didn’t do inner envelopes either but I did have a little tag that said X & Guest on the inside!
I guess if you have no other options I would put the & Guest on the first line with their name. And for families I would put Mr. & Mrs. Smith and Family!
I hope this is semi helpful!
Post # 5
1. Can you add a bellyband? That would give you a place to write John Smith and Guest. Alternatively, you could call your guests and ask the names of their guests. Write the name of any guest who doesn’t live with them, or who isn’t married, on the second line of the outer envelope.
2. and Family or the kids’ names would be good on the second line.
3. Be careful with the Mr. and Mrs. John Smith. There are a lot of women who don’t care, but there are a lot of women who would be seriously irritated by being addressed as such. I did Mr. and Mrs. John and Mary Smith.
Post # 6
I just got a wedding invite today that was addressed to “CorgiTales and Guest” on the outer envelope. I don’t think it is technically correct (particularly bc i’m engaged, live with my fi, and the person addressing the invite knows this)… but i was not concerned about it. Honestly i think anyone who gets snippy over how their invite is addressed just needs to get over it.
I think that I am doing:
John and Mary Smith on outer envelopes rather than Mr. and Mrs. just bc I don’t like that. 🙂
Post # 7
We didn’t do inner envelopes either. I just tweaked the wording on the invite so I could write everyone’s name and “Plus Guest” if we were allowing them to bring one. It meant a little extra work but not by much at all. And certainly saved space on the envelope. On the envelope I did “Mrs Jane and Mr John Doe” or “Mrs Jane Doe and Mr John Smith”.
Post # 8
thanks for the suggestions/advice. By The Way, here’s what the invites are looking like (still working on them) http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/diy-invites-opinions-wpic
All the invitations are being printed the same except for the response cards. I’m leaving the blank for them to fill in the names and then I’m also putting “___ of 2 guests” so they know how many people are being invited in that inviation. Point of that was to deter from people bringing their little kids.