(Closed) addressing to Grandma’s & divorcees

posted 9 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
2365 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

If they are a widow and were married at the time the husband died, they are Mrs.____

Post # 5
1363 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

For divorcees it depends on whether they changed their names back.  While I personally did not subscribe to this, I have read that the only time it is proper to refer to Mrs. Jane Doe (as opposed to Mrs. John Doe) is when the woman is divorced.  If she has gone back to her maiden name, I believe she is Ms. Jane Smith.

The topic ‘addressing to Grandma’s & divorcees’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors