(Closed) Adoption question-lawyer bees help!

posted 7 years ago in Legal
Post # 3
1944 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

Not a lawyer but going through adoption now and was in a situation similar to this as a child. Since the birthfather is deceased your Darling Husband will be able to adopt with no red tape. It will be easiest and safest to go through an adoption attorney. You will more than likely need his death certificate.

Post # 4
918 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Yeah, I was gonna say I’m not a lawyer but since her birth father is dead there’s no one to fight it, you should be fine…

Post # 5
5118 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I’d agree with the PP and say to go through an attorney. If your child is receiving SS benefits and such from the deceased parent, an adoption may change that (if that’s an issue). An adoption attorney will be able to cover all of your bases, and also setting up a good will is important as well. If cost is an issue, see if they could possibly send you an interview form to get a lot of the background/history questions answered ahead of time.

ETA- I am not a lawyer, this is not legal advice. *disclaimer*

The topic ‘Adoption question-lawyer bees help!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors