(Closed) averted disaster & rant about poor parenting

posted 7 years ago in Family
Post # 3
Bee
1466 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012 - Father's Vineyard Church/ A Touch of Class Banquet Center

I feel sorry for kids like that. I see it all the time in my line of work. Often the kids act that way due to their parents. They know that if they act bad they get more attention than if they act good. Sometimes I just want to shake a parent and be like “You are that kid’s Mom (or Dad), not their maid and chef. ACT LIKE IT!” But I don’t because I know that it won’t do any good.

Post # 4
10851 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

That’s awful! Thank god you guys had eyes on him!! I’m so glad your reception went well though.

On a side note, what is up with people and their kids butts?! My nephew is nearly seven and my sister or Brother-In-Law still have to come to the bathroom with those special Kandoo butt wipes and clean his butt for him. My 5 year old stepson has been fully competent in the bathroom for a year now. Ridiculous. Don’t get me started, it sounds like we could definitely compare notes.

Post # 5
4324 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 1992

One’s financial stature has no bearing on “white-trash” or not– it’s a lifestyle and an ignorance people choose to uphold. I think it’s a little unfair to assume economic disadvantage automatically equates one to being “trash”.

I do find it egregious for you that your little cousin at a young 8 years old is being primed as such a little stinker. It’s completely not the child’s fault, it’s his parents’ fault for not teaching better manners. But as you pointed out, luckily for you the crisis was averted. The sentiment of “it won’t last” however, seems like it would be something contrived by an adult. At 8, I highly doubt the boy has the maturity or foresight to even gauge such a conclusion. I’d be as equally angry at his parents (as you seem to be). Luckily, you can limit your contact with them. 🙂

Post # 6
929 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

@abbyful: glad you averted disaster…but careful!  Its easy to judge other people’s parenting styles from the outside – you never know whats actually happening when the 3 of them are home alone.  They could be indulging him because the alternative is unthinkable.  

Post # 7
338 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@abbyful: wow.. that’s terrible!  What a brat.. I would have been ready to kill him! Did your mom say anything to his parents? What did she say to him when he said he was going to write that? So awful.

Luckily, we didn’t have any bratty kids at ours… just a 7 year old who was picking up everyone’s drinks that were left on the stage (next to the dance floor).  Yeah.. not good.  At 1 point I was on the dance floor & someone had just handed me a drink.. the kid came up to me & was like “Do you want me to take your drink?” and then 1 of my BM’s boyfriends told me he saw the kid drinking from cups left on stage.. & he was sitting there & ripped his shirt open because he was getting so warm.  Yikes!

Post # 11
4324 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 1992

Sounds like my ex-roommate’s son. She had him when she was a teenager though. Not mature enough to raise kids, and now the kid controls her.

Post # 12
7300 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

Ugh! Special snowflake syndrome is the worst! 

Post # 14
749 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Thank goodness your mom caught him! I can’t stand it when people let their kids run wild because its easier. No one said that parenting was easy. If you want to raise something easy, you should adopt a pet rock…

Post # 15
921 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

sounds like my soon to be step daughter. her mom babies her and so does her dad but him and i are working on that… Undecided

Post # 16
726 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I can’t get over the butt wiping thing. This kid is going to seriously struggle in the real world if he never has to lift a finger to do things he is fully capable of doing. Will they write his essays in high school for him, too? Sit in on his exams and feed him the answer?

The topic ‘averted disaster & rant about poor parenting’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors