Post # 1
We are meeting with our first vendor today—the site for the ceremony and on-site reception. Anyone have some great questions they wished they’d asked and learned later on it would have benefited them? Anyone learn anything BIG that would have helped? This is only for a ceremony/reception vendor—but it if would work for other vendors too I guess throw it in! 🙂
Post # 3
- Wedding: May 2010 - The Pierre Hotel
Hi! Here are some questions I asked. Hope this helps and good luck!
1. What will be the layout for the ceremony/cocktail hour/reception?
2. What are the indoor/outdoor options?
3. What are some good locations for photographs?
4. What are the costs for children’s meals/vendor meals/cake-cutting/corking, etc.
5. What is the server/guest ratio?
6. What are the table sizes/shapes/options?
7. Any restrictions on decorations? (i.e. exposed flame, things on walls, etc.)
8. How does valet parking work, if necessary?
9. What, if any, extra equipment is required for the DJ/Band vs. what they provide?
10. When is the final headcount due?
Post # 4
- Wedding: October 2009 - Church Ceremony/Reception at The Waterford House
What are the rules for serving our guests alcohol (can we provide our own, do we need to provide licensed bartenders)?
When is the earliest we can come in for set-up?
When does everything need to be cleaned up?
What is capacity?