Post # 1
- Wedding: September 2014 - Sunset Hills Country Club
Hey bees! My wedding is this Saturday and I have 2 questions.
1. I’m at a loss for what gift to give my groom. What did you get your husband?
2. do you have any wedding day advice?
Post # 2
1. Nothing. What with all the last-minute arrangements and so on, neither hub nor I wanted to burden the other with yet another shopping trip/decision. The night of the wedding, we wrote each other short notes, and shared them with the other the day of the wedding after the ceremony. That was kind of like a gift.
2. Advice is don’t let yourself get too tightly-wound to enjoy yourself and your guests. Make a point of going around and having a few words with every guest. I regret not making more effort to find the last couple people I knew I hadn’t connected with yet.
Post # 3
I’m getting married Friday. I don’t have any advice for number 2. I’m just planning on writing him a love letter for number 1 since we really don’t have the extra for gifts.
Post # 4
- Wedding: September 2014 - Dallas, TX
TiaMP: I’m getting married Saturday too! I bought my Fiance a Burberry watch.
Post # 5
1) Nothing. We thought about writing each other notes but then completely forgot about it. We didn’t miss it either. Considering that I didn’t finish my vows until a few days before – not really a shocker that I didn’t also write that note 🙂
2) You’ll hear this a lot but enjoy your day! Be aware of what’s going on. it’s so easy to just sleepwalk through the day because so much is happening but be mindful to take a step back and just look around you. My husband pulled me away from the reception and we sat underneath the trees of our ceremony area and just watched the party happen and talked for a few moments and it was my favorite part of the whole day.
Post # 6
Definitely take a few minutes at the reception with your husband (because he will be your husband than), just to sit back and look at the people who came to celebrate you two- it is pretty cool. When we decided to do it, the DJ put on the hokey pokey, so we also got a few laughs at looking at everyone look like idiots.. haha. But it was cool just to see everyone in the room at once- it will probably be the only time in your life to have that entire group of people in the same place at the same time.
Also make sure you eat. There are definitely people (bridal party included) that faint before the ceremony because they are so busy they haven’t eaten a thing- so I would bring cheese and crackers or something to snack on before. And yes, you want to talk to everyone, but you want to feel good and enjoy yourself too- so make sure you eat some of the dinner you’re paying for.
Post # 7
1. Nothing, there was too much other stuff to think about.
2. Take it all in, take time to have some time just the two of you, even if it’s for 5 minutes. I planned this in for like 10 minutes, but people grabbed me and started talking.
Post # 8
- Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA
1) I gave him a monogrammed handmade leather wallet. He’s a pretty practical guy who doesn’t like “things just for the sake of things”, but he uses it every day.
2) My biggest piece of advice would be to set a deadline (mine was when I got ready for hair and makeup) beyond which you will NOT STRESS about anything! Things are bound to go wrong, but you want to remember your wedding day as one of joy and love rather than one where you stressed about small (or large) details that ultimately didn’t matter.
Also, every once in a while during the day, stop and just look around and freeze that moment in your memories. Even better if you can do it with your husband. It all goes by in such a blur and having those little snapshots will mean a lot. We went on a little walk immediately after the ceremony and that was one of my favorites parts of the day.
Happy wedding week! 🙂
Post # 9
i got him a nice piece of artwork for our home! i gave it to him a day or so before the madness! On the day just enjoy it! it goes so fast! just look around at all the people there for YOU and take it ALL in! Have THE most incredible day! where are you getting married? xx