- 8 years ago
- Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast
Please leave some advice/tips/tricks that may benefit the October 2012 brides.
1. Do not assume that October = cool weather. Be prepared for a warm day by scouting the locations of the AC vents in your venue and/or having a hand-held fan to use.
2. Have a DOC (pro or super-organized and assertive friend/family member). Having a DOC was, hands down, my single best decision. I got to be the bride, and didn’t have to be the boss (much).
3. You don’t have to have a “fall wedding” just because you happen to be getting married in the fall.
4. The anxiety really kicks in about 8 weeks before the wedding, and you reach the “I don’t give a crap” mode about 1 week before the wedding. Those 7 weeks in between suck, but you will accomplish a lot and it will be 100% worth it.
5. Seeing your vision come together and being surrounded by the people who love you is absolute magic. Take a moment to soak it all in.
6. Schedule time during your cocktail hour and/or reception to be alone with your spouse. You’re married. You deserve some alone time.