(Closed) Advice for October 2012 brides

posted 8 years ago in October 2011
Post # 3
9482 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

@lovekiss: Thanks for posting this! 😀 Congratulations!

I can’t wait to read more advice from other bees!

Post # 4
762 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011
  • It’s never too early to start planning
  • Take your time when making important decisions (choosing vendors, gown, venue, color scheme, etc).
  • Every now and then, take a break. Go do something for yourself (spa day, etc). Trust me, you will be so glad you did
  • On the day of your wedding. Remember to stop and take everything in such as your walk down the aisle, your reception, and all of the little details. Take a step back and watch all of your guests dancing, and having a good time.
  • Get plenty of sleep!
  • Whatever happens the day of your wedding happens. Don’t stress over the small stuff. I realized that all of the things I was worried about, was completely forgotton and could care less on the day of my wedding. I truly had a fantastic day. I gave up all control that day and I had such a great time. I talked to everyone, I danced until I couldn’t dance anymore. My Darling Husband and I received so many compliments on our wedding and reception. Everyone had a great time.

Post # 5
231 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

People do appreciate the small details.. but if there is one DIY project that is just killing you to finish… no one will know you didn’t finish it but you! Drop the project if you have too.

No one, including the vendors, care about your wedding as much as you do.

You will get a huge wave of questions the week of the wedding from vendors, family, friends, and people you didn’t even expect. Wrap up your ‘lists’ a week out to give you time to deal with all the last minute crazies. Take time off from work a few days out if you can.

You can’t control the weather, have a plan B prepared to be decorated if you are planning to have any portion of it outside.

There is more weather elements to worry about other than rain in October. There is wind, cold temps, hot temps, rain, and apparently snow! (storm just hit the northeast this past weekend).

If you planned well prior to your wedding day, then you get to relax more on your day. Hand off the wedding lists and details to someone else and just watch it all come together!

HAND OFF the day of action to someone else!! It’s going to be too hard to try to track down a vendor or person by phone when the lady has a hot steaming curling iron next to your ear when you are trying to get your hair done!

Pad your day of schedule with time!

If you get a few people who can’t just be happy for you on your day, then just remember there are 70 other wedding guests who are THRILLED for you. Go party with the happy ones and leave the Negative Nancy’s to themselves.

When things get rough during planning, remember to lean on the love of your life.

Set up a photosharing account on a website like photobucket for your guests to drop photos in after the wedding. You can let them know the info in your welcome letter, welcome bag, or on some wedding literature the day of. The photosharing account will help you gather all those photos from everyone AND the collection will help hold you over until the pro shots come back.

Have fun on your wedding day!

Let loose on the honeymoon. You deserve it!

Post # 6
138 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

LOVE this thread!! Thanks for the advice girls!

The topic ‘Advice for October 2012 brides’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors