Post # 1
I’m just going to hopefully go in order as I know sometimes the photos don’t attach in the order I want.
My cousin designed these for me and I completely love them. I’ve posted them before but I just received them via email last night with the text inserted. And so here are my questions for you.
1. Do you think the font where our website address is listed and then our wedpass should be a smaller?
1. Same question for the invite. Do you think from THE COLUMBIA STATION and below should be in a smaller font size than the top portion?
2. Do you think the first portion: Because you have filled their lives with love…etc is too wordy? Should it just be listed as John and Carole _____ invite you….blah, blah.
1. Do you think people will even notice that we’ve asked for a song request #1 or #2? We really like this idea because it’s a little different.
Thanks Bees! I appreciate it.
[attachment=536663,70480] [attachment=536663,70482] [attachment=536663,70485]
Post # 3
The invite is a little too small for me to read. I like the way it looks though. I think that the STD size is good. And honestly, I didn’t notice the song request when I first looked at it until I read your note. I really like the way they look together though!
Post # 4
It’s me again: If you click on the 1st attachment – it’s the invitation which I attempted to upload a little larger so it might be a tad blurry.
Post # 6
For the song request, I am partial to this wording: “I promise to dance if you play…________”
Post # 7
I LOVE the song request portion, and I do think people will understand the purpose clearly with “Song Request No.1 ______”.
These all look great!
I’m impartial to the sizing of the fonts; I think they look fine now, but your personal preference should be the judge!
Hope this helps!
Post # 8
no advice but WOW I LOVE them!
Post # 9
The invite is small for me to read, I do love your invites.
My only suggestion is you have the address of the Columbia Station at Four Bridge St, I thought that was the street name (Four Bridge St) and not 4 Bridge St. I live right down the street from there and I had to google the place cause I had never heard of Four Bridge St, thought that was a road I was unfamilar with.
Just my personal opinion.
Post # 10
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I appreciate it.
Post # 11
Just want to say first that I love your invitation suite! …but to answer your questions:
(1) I agree that you should do something different with the font for the website and wedpass. Either make them in a smaller font or just switch the website to lowercase letters instead of uppercase.
(2) I love the wording “Because you have filled their lives…” I say definitely keep it. It adds a personal touch 🙂
(3) For some reason I completely missed the text asking for song requests. I think it’s b/c of the white background… but maybe I’m just blind.
Post # 12
I would definitely play around with type sizes. you want the most important info to be larger so I would make your web address and password much smaller.
Post # 13
let me just say your cousin did a wonderful job!
Post # 14
Congrats to your cousin — I think the design is strong and the colors are gorgeous; but as a graphic designer myself, I am not a fan of using all caps for large areas of typesetting. It’s generally much more difficult to read then title or sentence case, and can sometimes be viewed as YELLING.
My only other comment to be to make the lense flares a little more subtle. At their current intensity, they distract from the tree illustrations and watermarked script font, which are both quite pretty and very well executed.