(Closed) Advice please — constant all-over pain!

posted 4 years ago in Wellness
Post # 2
46675 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

TiffLee:  If you need a referral to see a specialist, ask your doctor for a referral to a rheumatologist. If you live in the US and can make your own appointments with specialists, call one yourself.

They should be able to make the diagnosis if it is fibromyalgia, then you can start a proper care plan.

Post # 3
139 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Cadillac mountain

I would highly suggest doing a food elimination diet. I was in a similar situation (although I do have auto immunes in addition) but was on constant pain meds and couldn’t pick up a bag of groceries. It turns out I’m very allergic to corn & without corn all of those symptoms went away. The only way to diagnose food allergies is food trials (allergy tests are unreliable)

Post # 4
320 posts
Helper bee

julies1949:  I second this 100%. A variety of things could be causing you pain like that, and a rheumatologist will be better at sorting it out.

Post # 5
260 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

Get a second opinion. A doctor being “baffled” isn’t particularly comforting or helpful. I agree with PP a rheumatologist may help.

Get your vitamin D levels checked (low vitamin D symptom is chronic pain).

Is it more joint pain or muscle pain?

Post # 6
8695 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

I would go see another doctor. I wouldn’t take advice from people on a forum that don’t even know what you have and will just make guesses.

Post # 7
10601 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: January 2011

I agree about the rheumatologist.  Even if it turns out to be something you need to see another specialist for, I think most GPs wouldn’t be able to guess what that specialist should be.  Hopefully a rheumatologist would either be able to diagnosis and treat you, or send you to a specific specialist who can do it.

Post # 8
973 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Have your doctor test you for lupus. 

Post # 9
371 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2013


TiffLee:  I feel like I could have written this post.  I am so glad to hear that I am not alone!!!  I have been in near tears and major anxiety for the past 6 months, because doctors tell me the same….they have no idea why I have constant pain.  I have been tested for RA and lupus, and don’t have those.  My feet, ankles, and knees are in constant pain…similar to you, it is a challenge to get up every morning.  Keep us posted, I would be really curious if you find any solutions!!

Post # 10
707 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Jacksonville Inn

TiffLee:  You need to see a rheumotologist. Many of your symptoms are similar to my partner’s and she has Rheumatoid arthritis. I hope they can figure out what is going on and help you feel better soon! I also wanted to add that many people who have RA do not have positive blood work, that is where a good rheumatologist comes in. My partner’s blood work for RA is still negative but she has all the other symptoms and is being treated for RA.

  • This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  Irish2014.

The topic ‘Advice please — constant all-over pain!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors