Post # 1
Hello bees. I haven’t been on these boards in a long time but we are TTC baby #2 and it’s been a long, long road. Long story short, does anyone have any advice or knowledge about what can help male factor infertility? I know there’s supplements and such, but I mean more during the actual TTC process.
-should he “clean out the pipes” so to speak before fertile week or leave it be?
-does “edging” help anything? (Stimulating yourself to the brink of orgasm for a few hours before sex)
-what position is best? Is it better to be deeper or for me to be flat to work with gravity?
-I know you do it every other day and then every day once you get a positive OPK, but does this chsnge if there’s MFI concern?
we’ve been TTC a long time but he asked me these questions today and I had no clue! I research so much about female infertility I wasn’t sure. He had a great SA result 4 years ago, then a terrible one (1 million sperm) last March and we were told we needed IVf to ever conceive. But then we conceived a month later naturally so we are not sure what’s going on till he can get his test repeated. In the meantime I want to do everything we can to help in case his concentration is still low. Anyone have any insight on these questions? 🙂
Post # 2
As far as I am aware (I am NOT a doctor) lifestyle changes can make a difference. So no smoking, less/no drinking, excercise, a healthy dist, lowering stress levels.
Post # 3
Lifestyle changes for sure. Cut out caffeine, alcohol, fatty and white carb food.
Lose weight if relevant.
Sex only every other day during the relevant time, not every day.
Yes to cleaning the pipes before fertile week, otherwise semen is full of dead sperm.
CoQ10, zinc, Vitamin D supplements.
Post # 4
- Wedding: November 2019 - Canada
We are struggling with MFI, our dr’s never said anything about the type of sex we were having but our numbers were too low for small changes to make any difference anyways. Things that were recommended before we know how dire the situation was:
– Every other day during FW, not every day, so there is time to “restock” so to speak.
– Cut out cigarettes, marijuana & alcohol
– Get a good amount of sleep & regular exercise
– Supplements according to: https://itstartswiththeegg.com/male-supplements/
Post # 5
from what I’ve been told by my doctor the following can help:
1. Ejaculating every 2 days or so. Ideally not daily, but every two days is optimal to allow some good swimmers to build up, but also keeps everything relatively fresh and gives you the best chance of conception.
2. Lifestyle: cut down drinking, any recreational drugs, and smoking as able. Good nutrition, physical activity and a mens multivitamin can all help create the best quality swimmers possible for your fella.
3. Avoiding heat on the lap – no laptops, hot water bottles etc over the crotch region as this can kill of some swimmers.
4. I also used a soft cup (menstrual cup) and put it in after we DTD to allow his swimmers to stay up near my cervix for as long as possible. I’d leave it in overnight/for the next 12 hours then would remove and clean it etc. It wasn’t something a doctor recommended but I figured it couldn’t hurt.
Hope this helps!