- 4 years ago
- Wedding: August 2014
Hello!! I got married on Saturday! It was so wonderful I cannot even begin to describe it. I thought I would tell u bees some of the things that went RIGHT in the hopes it helps someone. Please join in with urs as well!
– having a tent for our outdoor ceremony and beautiful umbrellas for the bridal party really took away the stress of worrying about rain. It only sprinkled a little but we still took pics with the umbrellas cause we loved them!
– have 5 minutes alone with ur groom after the ceremony.
– I know that not everyone can afford this, but I’m SO glad we had a videographer because I barely remember anything from the day because I was so excited.
– hire a wedding planner!!!!! Again, I know not everyone can but seriously. Best thing ever.
– I took off my whole dress everytime I went to the washroom. (If ur curious what shape it was, lookup Hayley Paige Keaton). I would go in the wheelchair stall with a Bridesmaid or Best Man, get unhooked/zipped and then jump out of the dress and be able to pee alone. not that I’m really that shy but it was nice to have a second alone and to have a mini break from the dress.
– sunset photos are great because u get a little break from the party which gives u time to reflect and slow down. I haven’t actually seen the pics obviously but I certainly felt more relaxed at that point in the night so I bet my face is more natural.
– if you are nervous about stuff, practice! I practiced walking down the grass aisle in our venue in my heels before the ceremony, I practiced my vows ALOT, we practiced our first kiss just a little, putting on rings, first dance, etc. it really helped me visualize the day and be prepared.
– although I didn’t get to talk to everyone at the wedding, I did manage to focus on talking to the people I see less and that was good I think.
– sweetheart table rocks!!! it makes it so much easier to walk around and say hi to people and for people to come up to you. I remember reading tips like this and people would say “and it gives u a moment alone with ur groom” but we were really only sitting there during speeches.
– ask your photographer to take some pics of u and of u and groom on your cell phone or personal camera. Ive looked at those 20 photos a billion times since saturday.
– our ringbearers were 2.5 yrs old (twins!). We gave them stuffed bears (“ring bears”) that had little bow ties and fake rings sewed to them right before the ceremony so they had something new to play with during the ceremony. No tears!
Okay I think that’s it for now!! Hope this is informative!!