(Closed) Affordable Ceremony & Reception Sites in Maryland?

posted 7 years ago in Reception
Post # 5
1664 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

You could try checking the state parks in your area to see if they have facilities you could use.

Post # 7
332 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

I’ve heard great things and seen beautiful pictures of weddings at Glen Echo Park. Not sure what the rental fees are there.

Post # 8
128 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

If you would consider heading down the other end of the beltway, pg parks have a few great ceremony/reception venues. MoCo residents also receive a discount on venue rental (up to 40% depending on the venue). One in particular, Snow Hill Manor, rents for $1200 & comes with a tented brick patio.  Check out the link below to all of the rental facilities.

http://www.pgparks.com/places/eleganthistoric/snowhill_rental.html

I forgot that you mentioned the billingsley house in PG county.  I would still consider snow hill manor or pg ballroom since the price is cheap.

Post # 9
189 posts
Blushing bee

@ifollowbliss: If you are only having 60 people, then try a nice restaurant. I have been to many NY wedding in the city where a restaurant adds a certain class that a banquet hall may not. This would cut down on having to rent a place and hire a caterer too. I have been to the D.C. area a couple of times and I know there are some nice, ritzy places to have a reception. Some places will accomodate a ceremony too. 

Post # 10
57 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I agree with Radient Bride.  PG country has some amazing venues.  One if my bridesmaids is getting married at Newton White Mansion June 5 (she beat me to it) and Oxon Hill Mansion is beautiful.  If I had a smaller wedding I would so get married there.  MoCo residents get a discount.   Aldelphi Mill was about $800 if I remember correctly. Good luck!! This area is so expensive for weddings!!

Post # 11
33 posts
Newbee

Given your location and guest size, I highly recommend you check out The Comus Inn in Dickerson/Boyds.  I had a Sunday afternoon wedding there in Summer 2008 for 55 people and was able to stay close to your budget (just for all things venue-related, not dress, rings, officiant, etc.). 

They have a lovely back patio with a sunken fountain that looks out onto Sugarloaf mountain.  We had our ceremony out there, then had the reception indoors.  The reception room is pretty, and has nice wooden bar and a dance floor.  I didn’t even feel like we had to decorate except for modest centerpieces on the table.

They were pretty flexible on a lot of the details, too.

The topic ‘Affordable Ceremony & Reception Sites in Maryland?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors