- 2 years ago
I’m having a very emotional day. I’m a bit of a mess…
We have been trying for 9 months and I am officially freaking the hell out.
I know the first thing is to see a doctor. We have both made appoinments, but they are several weeks away. I will let you know what we learn from doctors, but in the mean time I want to make sure I’m doing everything I can. I’m officially getting into a place that is emotional and stressful and on the verge of tears and pretty much breaking down. It’s getting harder to be around pregnant women and babies, and I don’t want to fake my happiness for them. If I can’t get pregnant I want to know asap because at least then I won’t be torturing myself every month. I cannot handle the uncertainty of it!
Please give me any advice or tips you can on any of the following:
- I’ve used ovulation strips to make sure we DTD on the right days. I prefer this to temping. Any advice?
- I have been taking pre-natals for about a year. Should I try a different one?
- Has anyone used DHEA supplements? If so, what brand do you reccomend? What about CoQ10 supplements?
- I would say I was not stressed out about pregnancy until the last two months, so stress is a new factor.
- I am 36, DH is 37. We are healthy diet/excersisers. I already gave up alcohol. Is caffine an issue?
- Period is very regular, I usually ovulate on CD9 or 10 (sometimes 11). Weirdly (maybe unrelated?) my period has been getting a lot worse. Lasts longer, heaveir bleeding, terrible cramps, sore breasts (which I never had before).
- We are going to try using pre-seed this month – anyone have advice on this? Alternatives?
- I’d like to start fertility accupuncture. How do I choose a good accupuncturist? What questions should I ask? Does accupuncture help male fertility too?
- Is there anything else I can do between now and my doctor appointment that will boost my chances?
We are in the Los Angeles area and we have good insurance. If anyone knows of a good fertility doctor who can see me before December, please PM me the info.