(Closed) afternoon wedding- 1600 for open bar?!

posted 7 years ago in Food
  • poll: 1600 for open bar or 600 for mamosas and wine punch?
    wine punch and mamosas : (20 votes)
    83 %
    open bar : (4 votes)
    17 %
  • Post # 4
    2232 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

I think it really depends on how many guests you’re having. 1600 for 200 guests is different from 1600 for 100 guests. 

Wine punch and Mimosas are fine too, just make sure to have something non alcoholic as well.

Post # 6
    1798 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

I had an afternoon wedding too and I just served beer and wine. No one complained. I think open bar would be a waste because a lot of people won’t drink hard liquor during the day

Post # 7
    14657 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

I think wine punch and mamosas sounds wonderful for an afternoon wedding!  I’d prefer that over hard stuff… that’s really more fitting for a night event imo.

Post # 8
    2232 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

That’s not that bad per guest but I would totally just go for the cheaper option then since it’s daytime!

Post # 9
    3175 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

I am having a Sunday afternoon wedding, and got a similar quote for open bar. Ours is actually a little later in the day than yours, but there is no way my guests would drink that much alcohol on a Sunday night. I decided to supply my own alcohol instead, and it’s costing me around $450 (including the bartender). 

I would love mimosas & punch for an afternoon wedding! I would probably come up with an option that is more “man friendly”, too, though. Maybe mimosas, punch & one kind of beer?

Post # 10
    5993 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: May 2010

i thinks its being a good host not offering hard liquor at this time of day.  i voted wine punch and mimosa but please have something nice for the non booze drinkers like me and maybe a beer

Post # 11
    1686 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

I voted open bar – only because i think that is a great price – however it totally depends on your guests, do you think it would be a waste? if you think they would drink enough to make it worth it, do it – if you think it would be a waste of booze or money i would totally not be upset by mimosas, either is a good choice depending on the crowd.  Also if you cannot afford the open bar, I totally think you could do the mimosas with zero complaint!

Post # 13
    27 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: November 2013

Will your caterer/venue let you bring in your own alcohol and just pay for a bartender and a 1 day liquor permit? That might be way cheaper, but then again, being that it is an afternoon wedding, maybe wine and mamosas is a good idea. Dont get me wrong, I do like a strong drink every now and then, but during the early day. And that would be a waste for you to spend all of that money, for your guests to not make full use of it. 

The topic ‘afternoon wedding- 1600 for open bar?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors