(Closed) ahhh dress issues & a question

posted 9 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
183 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Check out Maggie Sottero’s Rehearsal Dinner 1044 it looks a lot like what you’re looking for.

(and I’m pretty sure its under $1000.00)

Post # 5
1701 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Here’s the one PennyDreadful is talking about it. It’s one of my faves!

[attachment=477103,64001]

Post # 6
5494 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2011

oooh I love that top dress  you posted.  On to your question.  Yes empire waist will always give you a fuller look, sometimes to the extent of making you look pregnant, (think about empire waist shirts you may have).  This kind of dress looks best on someone very slim who may be trying to look more filled out.

Post # 7
6661 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2010

It’s funny that you ask about an empire waist b/c the only negative feedback I’ve ever gotten from FH about fashion was regarding an empire waist. I am very thin, but I’m short and have a full chest so an empire waist always makes me look pregnant. On taller girls it’s more flattering, but tends to have that same effect.

Post # 8
575 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010 - Kindred Oaks, Georgetown

The dress on Tia Mowry does make her look slightly pregnant but then again that style always tends to do that to people. I was obsessed with that Modern Trouseau dress once upon a time too. Make sure you try it on before you get it made. I tried it on and it did not look that great on me as I’m pretty curvy. It is a gorgeous gorgeous dress though!

Post # 9
307 posts
Helper bee

i’ve found some other photos of tia mowry at her wedding and in other photos that “tummy” look is not there. so i think it just depends on how the dress flows when you are wearing it.

Post # 10
3124 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

omg i love it in pink! and yes i think she was preggo. 

Post # 11
1084 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I agree – it works for some people and not for others.  My husband doesn’t care too much about fashion but he does often question the empire waist and why you’d want to wear ‘pregnancy clothes’. 

Post # 12
3226 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I’m not sure if she was pregnant, but she kind of looks like she is. You just should try it on and see how it looks on you.

Post # 13
1020 posts
Bumble bee

i saw the same pink dress on Etsy and loved it!

i think baby doll type of silhouettes do tend to make you look “pregnant” unless you are pretty slender.

Post # 15
925 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Could you maybe get the sample dress?  That’s what I did, and it was ALOT cheaper!

Post # 16
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2010

where did you find this pink/coral color flowered one should dress? I love that, I tried to find it today but have no luck in the search engines.

[attachment=575804,75168]

The topic ‘ahhh dress issues & a question’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors