(Closed) Alaskan cruise?? June 2010

posted 9 years ago in Travel
Post # 3
454 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

my family went on an alaskan cruise in 2004 that left from seattle and we took princess cruises. we had a fantastic time and actually went on another princess cruise last summer.

Post # 4
139 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

We are going on an Alaska cruise for our honeymoon in June 2010 too :). We are going on Carnival because it was highly recommended.

Post # 5
1032 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

We live in WA and my dad has taken the Alaska cruise like 4 times

We only uses and swears by Holland America

I used Carnival once and they were kinda low-end.  My dad RAVES about Holland America and thier cruise to Alaska

Post # 6
3252 posts
Sugar bee

I”m terrified of cruises!! I have a serious phobia of being on a boat that big on a body of water even bigger.

Post # 7
139 posts
Blushing bee

That’s what I originally thought about Carnival, however, apparently they do Alaskan cruises very well (I know many people who are frequent cruises who tend to use the upperclass ones who have found this one comparable). Although I probably would not take them for any other destination.

Holland America is very good, they actually own most of the hotels up there so if you are planning on staying onshore in addition to the cruise they are the best choice. However, they are also significantly more expensive. I have been told that its worth it if you stay onshore but if not, then although there is a difference, it is not a large one.

Try to find people who have actually gone on the cruises who have similar travel styles to you. I found that helped me the most.

Post # 8
1246 posts
Bumble bee

we are taking our alaskan cruise june 12! we are leaving from seatle and going on the Golden Princess! We have taken a Princess cruise before to the caribbean and absolutely loved it!

The topic ‘Alaskan cruise?? June 2010’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors