(Closed) Alcohol License

posted 6 years ago in Tennessee
Post # 5
9118 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

@HelloRaeven:  My mother works with the Government and she rents out a community park.

All I can tell you, from my experience is that liquor licenses are expensive. The venue needs one to cover their ass just in case anything happens, and unless they regularly serve alcohol, they won’t keep one on hand, so that means either you need to provide them with one, or you need to pay for them to aquire one.

Do you have 100 or more guests? That could definitely be it.

Post # 7
45 posts
  • Wedding: September 2013

Are you using a caterer?  If so, the caterer should be licensed and that would cover your event. Otherwise, it looks like the venue is talking about a “private club” license (see link).


Post # 8
516 posts
Busy bee

This just gave me a mild heart attack.  I’m doing the bar for my sister’s wedding at TPAC . . . and I suppose I have to get one of these too.



Post # 9
516 posts
Busy bee


I called the ABC just now and they told me that no state-issued permit is required to serve alcohol at a wedding (as long as you’re not selling the drinks), but that insurance is suggested and might be required.

She said that all you need are servers, and your servers will have the proper licensing by the state.

Whew!  Hope this helps others!



Post # 11
516 posts
Busy bee

I went through one wedding insurance calculator, and a $500k policy (that was the minimum) without cancellation insurance is about $150.  It included liquor liability.

With the cancellation/postponement insurance, it’s about $300.

Not bad!


The topic ‘Alcohol License’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors