(Closed) alfred angelo 1148 brides!!

posted 10 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
1 posts
Wannabee

I’m wearing small drop earrings, a small diamond pendent necklace and an heirloom bracelet (all incredibly simplistic).   During the ceremony, I’m going to wear a drop veil, but then during the reception I’m taking off the veil and wearing a comb with rhinestones and feathers.

Post # 4
2292 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2008

I wore a really simple crystal necklace from Nordstrom, with matching drop earrings and a bracelet.  My veil was elbow length, with a row of glass beading and a gold edging.  I wore gold shoes.  I just loved that dress too – and got so many compliments on how beautiful it was.  If you want to see a photo, PM me your email and I’ll get you one.

Post # 5
3 posts
Wannabee

Alfred Angelo 1148 bride here as well!  I just ordered it last week in diamond white.  I was thrilled to find something that was simple and non-strapless at such a low price point!  I bought a comb for my hair but I don’t know what I am going to do for jewelry yet.  The bridal consultant suggested accenting the dress at the side of the waist with a brooch, which is an idea I am going to think about.

Just curious, how long did it take to come in? 

Post # 7
123 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

Loved my 1148 dress!  I’m going to try to attach a picture of me in it from my October wedding.

[attachment=110436,2249]

Post # 8
123 posts
Blushing bee

P.S. This is the diamond white.  It is really an ivory and was a BEAUTIFUL color as you can see in the picture.

Post # 9
398 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2009

Salex, You look AMAZING!!!!

I will be wearing the dress in two week (or a little under)!  I am not sure what I will be wearing with it  jewelry wise.  Originally I had selected some marcasite/mother of pearl jewelery from Macy’s.  However, for christmas my mother gave me the Swavorski (Flying) Necklace. My Fiance loved the necklace so I purchased the rest of the set.  I guess I will make a decision the day of.

I will be wearing a mantilla veil during the ceremony.  I can post pictures for you after the wedding day if you would like.

Good Luck!

Post # 10
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Yay!  I JUST bought this dress today!

I got it on Ebay for $330 including shipping!  I am in love with it!

Please excuse my face – I was in the middle of talking/smiling at the same time…

Post # 11
123 posts
Blushing bee

SpaceC06- I look forward to seeing your pictures.  I bet the mantilla veil will look great!

Post # 12
364 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

WOW!  what an awesome awesome gown!  SALEX you look BEEEEAUTIFUL!  Let  us know what you choose to accessorize this one with boogerette!

Post # 13
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2009

Are there any brides out there selling an Alfred Angelo 1148 size 18w or 20? I am a graduate student getting married in June 09. I love the dress!

Post # 14
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2010

I think Mrs. Milkshake also wore this dress.  I just got my pre-owned one on Ebay for $120!

Post # 15
445 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Ooh, a club. How did I miss this thread?

Salex, thanks for posting your lovely pic … it’s so nice to see the dress on a real bride! The funny thing about this dress is that the AA website picture didn’t really grab me at all. I don’t think it even looks like the same dress! 

I’m waiting (rather impatiently) for my AA1148 to come in. Mine is white white …works with my colouring better. I will be wearing a fingertip veil with a satin ribbon edge and crystals scattered over it.

My sister (MOH & my personal fashion advisor) still has to help me pick jewellery. 🙂

Post # 16
226 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

ooh my SIL got this last year. very elegant! 🙂

The topic ‘alfred angelo 1148 brides!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors