(Closed) Alfred Angelo 2083 brides!!!

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
Hostess
11278 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I’m sorry but I can’t fully help you. But noticed it was your first post, so welcome and felt bad that you haven’t had any replies ;( I’ve got a fishtail dress and will probably wear a crinoline to ensure the dress keeps it’s shape. So i’d go with what the lady in the shop suggested.

Post # 4
661 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

Ooooh, that’s one of my most favorite dresses by AA.  I chose the 2102 – but this one was my first choice.  (unfortunately, the 2102 fit my body type better than the 2083). 

I would wear the slip.  Just in case.  You don’t have to wear one that is super full, they have different kinds.  But, I would definitely wear the slip to keep everythign in place.  πŸ™‚ 

Hope this helps and welcome to the boards!!!!

Post # 5
678 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I just bought my 2083 yesterday!!  I have pics of me in the dress when I frist tried it on (with the crinoline) and yesterday (without) and it looked much beeter with the crinoline. 

I will say, the crinoline they (AA) has in store was for an A-line or Ball gown and added fullness in the hips/rear (which I don’t need any help with), so I am going to search for mermaid/trumpet crinolines or have additional layers added to the dress during alterations!!

Have you ladies thought about how you’re going to bustle your 2083?  By The Way, there is a sale at AA until 1/14…I waited a few weeks and got $125 off!!

I LOVE THIS DRESS!!

**I’ll post when I get home form work, don’t want the future hubby to see ANYTHING!!

Post # 6
35 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Oh please post!   I also have AA 2083!   I love it!!!!

Not sure if I’m wearing a slip with it or not…

This dress is the sample (size too big)  but my dress is in and I start alterations soon πŸ™‚

Post # 7
35 posts
Newbee

OH! and I’m making it into a sweetheart neckline as well πŸ™‚

Post # 8
301 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Yay another dress twin! I just decided to go with the mermaid slip. Sorry that it isn’t much help

Post # 9
678 posts
Busy bee

@MandyMarried:  So glad I finally found your pic…you look terrific!!  Everytime I see this dress, whether it’s on me or someone else, I KNOW that I made the right decision!!

This is such a gorgeous and comfortable dress!!

**BTW, I’m searching for the poofiest mermaid slip that I can find, LOL!

Post # 10
2067 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Another dress twin! πŸ™‚ I am planning to wear a mermaid slip and I’m considering the sweetheart neckline too πŸ™‚ 

Post # 11
34 posts
Newbee

Hey Ladies!!! I’m a 2083 bride too!!!!! I loved the dress until I tried it on again and the bottom just wasn’t doing right for me. I will def need to get a mermaid slip.

I’m altering mine by adding the sweetheart neckline and a single beaded strap (the apliques that go down the front at the bottom). 

I was really mad with AA over the apliques! I asked for a yards worth of the apliques. they sent them to me unfinished, with no beads and in four pieces….all for $80 non refundable. The girl was a part time associate working there and basically told me that I had to take it because they couldn’t return the pieces.

I WAS really upset for a while but just going to deal with it. We are all going to look fab (if I make myself workout) on our wedding days!! Post pix of u in your dresses.

Bye Bees.xx

Post # 12
35 posts
Newbee

Nice! That will still look really nice with a 1 strap.

I try on my dress this Thurrsday…hopefully it fits and I like the Sweatheart…because my wedding is LESS than 2 weeks away! AHHH

Post # 13
34 posts
Newbee

How much did alterations cost at AA for this dress? I am really upset because they are telling me $350 because I have lost a lot of weight and they made me buy a dress a size bigger than I wanted to.

Post # 13
34 posts
Newbee

How much did alterations cost at AA for this dress? I am really upset because they are telling me $350 because I have lost a lot of weight and they made me buy a dress a size bigger than I wanted to.

Post # 14
678 posts
Busy bee

I am interested in this, myself…I haven’t gotten any estimates, waiting until September

Post # 15
34 posts
Newbee

So I go today to have my dress altered. I am really nervous because alot of people have told me it is really expensive.l I tried my dress on the other day and with the back tied all the way, it is still falling off of me…they suggested I buy it a size bigger. BLAH!

Hopefully on the agenda today for alterations will be…

Assembling the strap

taking in the sides

and the heart neckline

The next appointment is when I want to have it hemmed and bustled. I will post costs when I get back.

Apparently I have to pay all of it today.

-L

The topic ‘Alfred Angelo 2083 brides!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors