(Closed) Alfred Angelo 2104 thoughts?

posted 7 years ago in Full Figured
Post # 4
923 posts
Busy bee

I’m not a fan of the “comforter” look. And I do think it looks like one. I also think a lace shrug wouldn’t work this this particular dress but what about some of these, all Maggie Sottero: (I’m a Maggie bride and Maggie fan. Her fit is so perfect and makes everything look small that you want small. Some of her dresses even come with bolero jackets. But I think you would look beautiful in them!! All one’s I’ve posted below I think would look great with lace shrugs or jackets. You can order more of the particular lace in your dress and have a seamstress make one specially for you. I’m having a corset put into my gown with extra satin I purchased from them.)

Primavera:

Isador Marie: (below)

Noelle:

These come with matching boleros or shrugs. Maybe this will just inspire you:

Clarissa: (below)

Simone:

SaBelle:

Post # 5
923 posts
Busy bee

Here’s some more… I can’t resist!! You are a beautiful girl and I think you would look great in a tighter fitted top!

Rowena:

Sottero Midgley (Maggie couture brand):

Jesslyn

Loretta:

Post # 6
6351 posts
Bee Keeper

I’m sorry but I think you can do better. Maybe try some of PP’s suggestions?

Post # 7
1332 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

I think some pick-ups can look ok, but your dress does look a bit sloppy.  I think the addition of a shrug or bolero would be too much competition with all of the “wrinkles” in the skirt.  I would love to see you in some of the PP’s suggestions, so I say keep looking.  Good luck!

Post # 9
126 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I think you should keep looking. The dress just isn’t flattering like it ought to be. Perhaps if you decide what elements/parts of the dress you really like best then try to find other dresses that include what you really like and want most.

Can’t wait to see more pics! Hang in there! Your dress IS out there! Best wishes!

Post # 10
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I just wanted to chime in a little here. Im a bigger girl (18W) in AA dresses. I fell in love with this dress today! I tried it on like you in a large size, what helps is if you can have someone help you hold it tight on you, so you can see what it would look like. I wanted to say, if you like this dress, I DEF do NOT think that it looked like a comforter, and believe me, I saw a few today. If you are still undecided and looking for a dress with a strap, try on the new disney tiana dress. It has a lot of the same qualities of this dress. It was the dress I drove 2 hours to a AA store for, and fell in love with this one. I don’t want you to think that because you are not a size 0 that this is not the dress for you. I think that it is beautiful. Just remember, its about what YOU want. and what YOU feel comfortable in. I hope this was helpful and good luck with your dress search!

PS: My wedding is in late October too. 🙂

Post # 11
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Hi, I have a davids bridal 9t3090 …its an 18w unaltered and cleaned…if interested make me an offer at [email protected]! Shipping would be $26….remember NO NEED TO CLEAN!

The topic ‘Alfred Angelo 2104 thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors