(Closed) Alfred Angelo 2438 dress twin?!

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 16
219 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

View original reply
CourtneyErinWilder:  These are GREAT pics, that lace parisol is such a good idea I may have to steal it!!! I love the dress on you, you look amazing & that train on the beachy rocks make me wish I was having a beach wedding.. I guess it might also be the 14 degree temps we’re having at the moment haha! My dress is in so I’m going for my first fitting in a couple of weeks, I’m super excited! I haven’t had it on since August when I said yes to it.

Post # 17
47 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2015

My dress came in right after Christmas. I actually liked the sample better because of the way she clipped it! She swears that the alterations can make it more form fitting, but those won’t be until May. 

Did anyone use Alfred Angelo for alterations or did you take it to a private seamstress?

Post # 18
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2015

I’m still debating between two dresses, one of them being Alfred Angelo 2438. I love it but am having a really hard time picking just one dress!! It’s a very beautiful you dress, you all look great in it!

Post # 19
47 posts
Newbee

View original reply
Daniknz:  Pretty! What is the other other dress?

Post # 21
47 posts
Newbee

Found my belt! Will be getting it in white. 

Post # 22
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2015

View original reply
KellyNJ:  I also just bought this dress! I was also thinking of having some of the tulle removed under the skirt to make it a bit less poofy as well. Did you end up doing that? I haven’t spoken to a seamstress about it yet (I won’t have the dress for a few months), but i’m curious how yours turned out.

Post # 23
47 posts
Newbee

View original reply
augustbride87:  When is your wedding? Mine is in sept and I won’t be getting alterations til May or June, but I’ll be sure to post how the alterations go. 

Out of curiousity, did you pick white or ivory? That was my toughest decision! 

Post # 24
4 posts
Wannabee

View original reply
KellyNJ:  It’s in August!I won’t have the dress to be altered until late May or June, similar to you. I’m so curious how the bottom would fall and if it would look a bit more ‘flowy’ without some of the tulle there. I was also ordered a size 0 but in ivory :). Hope it fits!

Post # 25
329 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
augustbride87:  Hi! I just got my AA 2438 today and the seamstress took the tulle off and it looks so much better. 

Post # 26
329 posts
Helper bee

Are you girls concerned about the long train? I think I’ll try the French bustle for the reception. It’s a lot of dress, but it’s so pretty.

Post # 27
4 posts
Wannabee

View original reply
ToppyAidan:  Hey! Nice to meet you dress twin. Do you have any pics with the tulle gone? Did they remove all the tulle or just a bit of a bit? I’m so curious how it looks.

I’m a little bit concerned but the train is so pretty i’m willing to work with it 🙂 haven’t decided yet but was considering the italian bustle

Post # 28
47 posts
Newbee

View original reply
ToppyAidan:  would love to see pics without the tulle!

I don’t know what to do with the train or the bustle. I was considering shortening the train…or at least shortening the under part and maybe just having a lace train? so many decision! 

Post # 29
47 posts
Newbee

View original reply
augustbride87:  I’m sure the 0 will fit….it is actually a little big on me! 

I’m NOT a zero in any other clothing. 

Post # 30
329 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
KellyNJ:  Hi!  When we do our final fitting with all the alterations, the seamstress will make the “hooks” or “ribbon” to make the bustle.  I went on youtube to see how this is done and it showed the American and French way.  I don’t have a picture of me wearing the dress, but I can take one with the dress hanging without the tulle!  Aren’t you excited about having such a beautiful dress? 

The topic ‘Alfred Angelo 2438 dress twin?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors