(Closed) Alfred Angelo 2438 dress twin?!

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 46
47 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2015

View original reply
ToppyAidan:  I was talking about if I should get it in white or ivory. I’m pretty commited to the dress (although so many gorgeous ones do pop up!), but I was going back and forth on what color! 

Post # 47
329 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
KellyNJ:  I have it in ivory and it’s just as beautiful as the white.  Is there a way I can send a picture without it going on the thread?  A private message? 

Post # 48
219 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

Mine is ivory but I think the difference is so minimal it’s basically whatever you think looks better with your skintone, they both look gorgeous. I’m pale with reddish blonde hair so the ivory just looked a little better on me but no one else could really tell so I think it’s just what you feel best in!

Post # 49
47 posts
Newbee

First alterations appt tomorrow! Would love to see alterations and bustle pics from those who already had them done! 

Post # 50
61 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

I would like to see someone’s bustle too! My first appointment is in august and I am freaking out a little bit because I have a hint of dress regret. I’m thinking of adding maybe some lace cap sleeves or a wider strap. Does anything have any opinions?

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by  nstrans1.
  • This reply was modified 5 years ago by  nstrans1.
Post # 51
329 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
nstrans1:  Wow, you look gorgeous!  The dress looks gorgeous on you!  I’m getting my dress bustled July 7, so I’ll show you some pictures.  I also took all the tulle out as I didn’t want to look meringue. 

Dress regret is typical here as we’re bombarded with so many pictures of other dresses.  Keep focusing on your dress because it is stunning. 

Are you uncomfortable without sleeves or straps?  The corset will totally hold everything up and tight. 

Post # 52
329 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
KellyNJ:  Are you taking out the tulle?  Can you send pictures after the alterations? 

Post # 53
61 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
ToppyAidan:  Thank you! 🙂 It is hard with all these beautiful dresses you see here and everywhere else! I have basically no boobs so it’s always uncomfortable for me to wear strapless because there is nothing to hold them up. I was thinking of adding pushup cups to make it look like I have some and I was thinking straps would help hold the dress as well. I haven’t felt how it is with the dress when it fits I might feel differently about it since it’s so big on the top and actually too small on the bottom. I bought it a size smaller for motivation (stupid idea!) Can’t wait to see your picture!

Post # 54
47 posts
Newbee

View original reply
ToppyAidan:  I took out one layer of tulle. I didn’t get pictures on friday since she was busy pinning everything, but I’ll take some at my next appt (end of july). 

We didn’t decide on a bustle yet since there are so many other alterations needed. Other than taking out the layer of tulle, I need it taken in a bit up top, tucked in the back, let out by the hips and taken in along the sides (basically changing the shape). 

I’m also waiting for my sparkly belt to come in. I think that will make me like the dress more. 

Post # 55
3 posts
Wannabee

View original reply
jennayhoang:  beautiful dress! 

I’m so happy I found something on this dress as I also purchased it for my wedding day! Absolutely in love with it. My problem is finding proper shoes…I’m 5’6 and wondering what size heel other woman close to the height I am had worn without making the dress look short! 

Id appreciate any insight!

Thankyou,

Amy

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by  apugs17.
Post # 56
47 posts
Newbee

View original reply
apugs17:  I’m short and need the dress hemmed a lot (even with small heels on) so I can’t help you there. Is the dress the right length in flats? Maybe just go with those… There are some cute options and it will be comfy! 

Post # 57
47 posts
Newbee

My sister isn’t the best with pictures. This the best one she got from the fitting yesterday. 

Post # 59
329 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
KellyNJ:  You look gorgeous!  Sorry for my photo being sideways, how on earth do you upload it the proper way.  This is the American bustle and the seamtress did a pretty good job.  I removed the two layers of tulle as I just coudn’t handle all the weight and poofness of the dress. 

Post # 60
47 posts
Newbee

View original reply
ToppyAidan:  can you still walk or does it get stuck a between your legs? they only “let” me remove one layer of tulle because she said the dress would get stuck when I walked. I wanted to cut off the train since it is just so huge but they convinced me to keep that too…So much fabric!

i may need to change for the end of the reception/after party. 

The topic ‘Alfred Angelo 2438 dress twin?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors